Boston ZBW Low frequencies adjacent to New Brunswick

Status
Not open for further replies.

novascotian

I am looking for some current info re Boston Center's Low altitude frequencies along its border with Moncton Centre. I hear Moncton passing low altitude a/c on usually to Boston on 124.25. Today I heard the controller do that but also say, if no joy, try 120.25. When I check the sector maps that are out there I see that 124.25 goes with the Parso low Sector 16 which is down in the southwest of Maine, but 120.25 is listed for Surry 15 low sector that covers most of Maine including along the border with New Brunswick. According to this the Moncton controller should always be passing aircraft along to 120.25 but as I said I generally hear them refer to 124.25. Can anyone out there clarify or update for me?

As an aside, I am fine for the offshore traffic going between Boston and Nova Scotia and farther out, whether high or low they all use 133.45 out there, at least in ZBW airspace.

AirScan

When I check the sector maps that are out there I see that 124.25 goes with the Parso low Sector 16 which is down in the southwest of Maine, but 120.25 is listed for Surry 15 low sector

The latest ZBW charts I have indicate 128.20 is used in the Parso 16 sector, not 124.25.

124.25 and 120.25 as well as 124.75 are all listed for the Surry 15 sector.

The ZBW information in the Radio reference database here for those two sectors appears to be correct.

Boston (ZBW) Air Route Traffic Control Center (ARTCC) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

novascotian

Thanks for the reply airscan... I do see from the database that these two frequencies are now both in the one sector... but I still don't understand one thing. It says that 124.25 is only at St Albans, Maine... but 120.25 is at Houlton, right at the border with Canada... yet everyday practically I hear Moncton passing flights over to 124.25, and this morning the controller said try 120.25 if 124.25 doesn't work... so the only thing I can figure is that they don't necessarily switch to the closest frequency when they cross into Boston ARTCC airspace... looks like they leapfrog ahead some. What do you think?

AirScan

so the only thing I can figure is that they don't necessarily switch to the closest frequency when they cross into Boston ARTCC airspace... looks like they leapfrog ahead some. What do you think?

I'm not that familiar with that sector. I'm guessing that flights that will generally pass through the southern part of the sector would use 124.25 and through the northern part would use 120.25, and not nessesarily the closest frequency when they first check on ?

There is a LiveATC feed that monitors 120.25 at Houlton and there does seem to be a lot of transiting traffic to/from Canada on that frequency as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.