Bought house/property in Mt. View. Moving from NH

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB1MM

Hey all,

My wife and I bought property in Mt. View, MO (Howell County) this past spring, about 6 miles south of town. I am in NH still but wife is there staying with her sister and looking for work until I retire end of September when I will move there myself. I have a Uniden BCD9962P2 scanner.

Does anyone have some PD/Fire/EMS frequencies they can send my way for that area?

I had a heck of a time figuring out how to to program this thing initially when I got it but eventually figured it out with some help from some locals. I have an analog thought process when it comes to scanner programming so I will need to revisit the books again when I go to program this scanner for my new home area. It probably should come to me a little quicker this time around.

Thanks!

Last edited:

stlouisx50

Well, that wil; be quite a change!
Most of what's in RR Missouri data is pretty good - take a look at Howell County here: Howell County, Missouri (MO) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
MOSWIN will be your friend with sites in Howell county.
Also FWIW you can hear a to of ARWIN just across the border in Arkansas.
Hey, That's great you moved to the area down there. I believe we will be putting an offer in on a home just west of you in Mountain Grove, but on the Texas County side.

I was down today and heard the Texas Bendavis site super active if you can pick it up. The Texas Houston Site did not appear to be very active. I was able to pickup 10313 the Statewide I MO CALL. It was cool to hear, I don't hear them use that up in St. Louis.

I heard a few key ups on VHF. Crawford County you may be able to hear. Depending on terrain I don't know how it works down in that area.
Also Mountain Grove Fire had 2 VHF frequencies active.

I look forward to talking to you if I move down that way. I hope you enjoy it . It's better than St. Louis Metro City Life! :D

KB1MM

Well, the move is complete...at least all of our stuff is here now. My wife and I have been digging through boxes looking for stuff. We were not so great labelling boxes for what was in them.

I've been here since 10/6 but had some other things to do before I could start setting up the shack. My patient wife let me set a much abbreviated shack up in the livingroom so I could at least get on the air and perhaps start setting up my scanner for frequencies in the area. It's been over a year since I programmed my 996P2 for frequencies in NH. I'll have to relearn how to do this for here in Howell county.

I'm mostly interested in PD/FD/Public Safety stuff. I'm living about 8 miles south of Mt. View, between MV and West Plains. If anyone has some files they could shoot my way, it would be greatly appreciated.

stlouisx50

Get your antenna up high. My scanner listening just west of you plummeted to about not at all. All I can hear is Mountain Grove Fire VHF and 1 or 2 MOSWIN sites at a low reception. Makes a huge difference having all digital sites around VS picking up local analog towers.
I have to put my antennas up still too.

KB1MM

Get your antenna up high. My scanner listening just west of you plummeted to about not at all. All I can hear is Mountain Grove Fire VHF and 1 or 2 MOSWIN sites at a low reception. Makes a huge difference having all digital sites around VS picking up local analog towers.
I have to put my antennas up still too.

It looks like they accepted your offer on your new place...congrats!

Yes...I found six four foot fiberglass mast sections that fit inside each other that will give me 24' height. I'll put those together and get my discone up on top of those. Hopefully in the next week or two.

I dug out a couple RS PRO series scanners I've been holding onto (2005 and 2003). I will program those for RR/Air etc. I don't think there is much police/safety FM analog stuff around here anymore. There was still some in NH...mostly UHF links that the State Police and county sheriffs used. I happened to be almost direct in line with that link. When we bought our property here in MO, I knew wouldn't that lucky so that's when I bought the BCD996P2.

Last edited:

KB1MM

What programming software are you using. I have ARC-XT, ProScan, and FreeSCAN.
I'm running freescan. I actually tried Proscan and found it to not be as user friendly for me as the freescan was.

That being said, I need to go back into my file and sort out the frequencies I put in. I literally just downloaded the frequencies as a whole file and dumped them into my scanner. I need to go back sometime and sort stuff out. I'm not hearing an awful lot right now and suspect that has everything to do with my antenna being almost at ground level ;).

Last edited:

stlouisx50

Yes...I found six four foot fiberglass mast sections that fit inside each other that will give me 24' height. I'll put those together and get my discone up on top of those. Hopefully in the next week or two.

I dug out a couple RS PRO series scanners I've been holding onto (2005 and 2003). I will program those for RR/Air etc. I don't think there is much police/safety FM analog stuff around here anymore. There was still some in NH...mostly UHF links that the State Police and county sheriffs used. I happened to be almost direct in line with that link. When we bought our property here in MO, I knew wouldn't that lucky so that's when I bought the BCD996P2.
BSNF RR uses 160.500 around here. They do in Cabool as well so they likely will a little more SE. I can hear Dispatch every now and then discussing issues on the line. You can hear the axle checking the device about 2miles away with an inside rubber ducky, so should have lots of luck down there.

Howell County Fire is still Analog. There are a few other fire depts that are, can't recall who.

I still have to put the Jpole up, but ran into a trespass problem, so it took that time away from getting it up too.

KB1MM

BSNF RR uses 160.500 around here. They do in Cabool as well so they likely will a little more SE. I can hear Dispatch every now and then discussing issues on the line. You can hear the axle checking the device about 2miles away with an inside rubber ducky, so should have lots of luck down there.

Howell County Fire is still Analog. There are a few other fire depts that are, can't recall who.

I still have to put the Jpole up, but ran into a trespass problem, so it took that time away from getting it up too.
That's great to know about Howell fire.

Hope you get your problem sorted out. Not sure specifically what your "trespass" problem was but I think I can read between the lines.

We had an issue here for a while where the previous owner's stepson (not a very nice person) who lived here off and on before we bought the place was showing up at our door.

I finally had to get our local sheriff involved. I guess he had been in and out of the graybar hotel for several years. He hasn't been around since the sheriff took him away.

KA0KDW

Most fire departments in that area are still analog. And almost all people agencies in troop G are on MOSWIN. Only exception to the law agencies are Douglas ajd Ozark sheriff which are both NXDN.

If you send me a direct message I can easily put together a quick file.

Status
Not open for further replies.