Boulder County 2nd alarm, as paged

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
St Malo Lodge in Allenspark F/I lodge moving defensive and M/A from Lyons, Estes Park and Nederland.

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Lots of buildings up there Saint Malo

Mutual aid now includes Longmont, Hygiene, Lyons, Glen Haven, Estes Park, Big Elk, Pinewood Springs, Nederland and Gilpin County.

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Gilpin Co Stas 1, 2 & 4 sending tenders, but they might not have drivers.

Do you think that might be a problem?

Volunteers and it's a weekday afterall.

Jim<

rickak

FYI, Berthoud and Loveland are using MAC5 up there for coordination, Maybe they don't have the Boulder frequencies?

Rick

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone help with the run down on-scene?

Allenspark - 3 Engines, 2 Tenders, lots of chiefs
Berthoud - ?
Big Elk Meadows - 1 Tender
Estes Park - 2 Engines, 1 Tender, 1 Truck
Glen Haven - ?
Gilpin County - 3 Tenders
Hygiene - 1 Tender
Lyons - 2 Engines, 2 Tenders
Longmont - 1 Truck
Loveland - ?
Nederland - 1 Truck

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Here is what I know to fill in the holes.

Berthoud – 1 Engine

Loveland – 1 Tender, 1 Rescue

Longmont – 1 Engine 1 Truck

Boulder – 1 Engine

Lafayette – 1 Engine

Left Hand – 3 Tenders

Boulder Rural – 1 Tender

BES – Light Truck

LEU – Air truck, Light Truck

Boulder County IMT

lazierfan

Feed Provider
FYI, Berthoud and Loveland are using MAC5 up there for coordination, Maybe they don't have the Boulder frequencies?

Rick

Possibly a combination of no Boulder freq in the trucks along with perhaps the tower with MAC-5 is the only tower that can be reached back there?

Sure do miss VHF Simplex....

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
I'm thinking Loveland could talk to Boulder via red northwest if it would make it to Allenspark.

No DTRS radios or at least very limited, in the mountains of Boulder County that I'm aware of. Remember there sheriff loves his VHF system!

Jim<

jfab

And we love our sheriff that loves VHF.

Amen to that!

DTRS coverage was spotty at the very best last night on the fire. My partner and I had to relay for Coal Creek Fire between the hose and the engine until they realized their simplex channel was a lot more mountain friendly than their DTRS company channel. Once they switched to simplex it worked a lot better.

nathancarlson

I always have to give kudos to all the agencies that work so well together in an incident like this. Boulder County alone likes use so many different channels for one incident like that fire (or any other wildland fire), and they are able to manage them all and keep up with them. It would be nice to see them use Red NW since its a dedicated patch between DTRS and Conventional, or more simplex channels so they could be on the same channels, but realistically they probably wouldn't want to all be on the same talkgroup or channel anyway.

soundchaser

That whole area around Allenspark has very weak DTRS coverage. When I did a survey of DTRS along the peak-to-peak last spring, the only two sites I could pick up near Allenspark were Greeley and Mead, and very weak. A few miles north or south of Allenspark is a dead zone. As you go north to Lilly Lake you get Prospect and Horsetooth. As you go south towards Ward you get Fort Lupton in spots and eventually Thorodin and Dakota.

Status
Not open for further replies.