Boulder County looking to improve VHF coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
Looks like this shuts down the speculation that Boulder County is getting on board the DTRS bandwagon.

DTRS coverage in the city of Boulder is craptacular.

n0nhj

In way too deep...
Feed Provider
License was granted this past week

PW WQLW807
BOULDER, COUNTY OF
[APPLICANT IS A COUNTY GOVERNMENT IN THE STATE OF COLORADO. RADIO SYSTEM WILL BE USED IN THE CONDUCT OF NORMAL BUSINESS (INCLUDING EMERGENCIES) TO THE APPLICANT CITIES AND OTHER POLITICAL SUBDIVISIONS FOR MUTLI-JURISDICTIONAL USE.]
Control Point 1 - 3280 AIRPORT ROAD, BOULDER CO 303-441-3880
(link)
05/13/2010 License Issued
1 - PEAK TO PEAK HWY,S.7, 2.2 MILES SOUTH OF SH7(SOUTH ST.VRAIN DR) ON SH72(PEAK TO PEAK HWY), ALLENSPARK (BOULDER) CO (map)
155.865 FX2 8p 16e 11K0F3E 20K0F3E
159.375 FX2 8p 16e 11K0F3E 20K0F3E

nathancarlson

So would those be used for Red and Green channels, like the other repeaters currently being used for those channels? As far as Boulder County going to DTRS, there is a Boulder Fire agency (Mt View?) that currently uses DTRS as a tac channel frequently. With the instilation of the Longmont tower on Sunset, CSP 6C has been using it on a regular basis, along with Estes and Adams and Weld Counties. Longmont Power and communications is also on DTRS and we are wating for Longmont City Public Safety to finalize. City of Longmont on DTRS yes, but the County and City of Boulder, I am guessing NO. I think Mt View prob uses DTRS because it covers areas in Weld County, and the Mutual Aid that they do with the surrounding areas. Either way, it will be good for them to have more coverage on conventional or DTRS.

I have had good luck recieving DTRS signals in Boulder, but I am mostly on the East side when I am in the area, or on the Boulder Turnpike. The only problems I encounter are up the canyon to Nederland and on to Blackhawk, or the other way from Golden to Blackhawk. Gilpen County's conventional system is spectactular, and I can recieve it just fine with a rubber duck inside my house in North Longmont.

resq197

If they do what they did in Nederland, which is what it sounds like they're planning, there will be a receiver on the GREEN input and a transmitter on 159.375 and it'll be linked into all the other receivers/transmitters/voters for GREEN. It'll be a relatively low power transmitter just to cover that area and the deputies will need to switch to it manually. I believe the setup in Nederland is referred to as "GREEN LINK" in the channel plan - this will be something similar.

-Brian

scanlist

I am showing 155.685 as the imput channel for Green (Boulder SO Dispatch).

Actually it's 155.865. And it will be a Green channel simulcast repeater.

DTRS has no in building coverage in Boulder. I have marginal reception of Gunbarrel and Bald Mountain sites inside buildings at work or 29th street businesses.

jeffreyinberthoud

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
boulder

Actually it's 155.865. And it will be a Green channel simulcast repeater.

DTRS has no in building coverage in Boulder. I have marginal reception of Gunbarrel and Bald Mountain sites inside buildings at work or 29th street businesses.

Phil ,

just wondering if you tried sunset inside at work ? although obviously further away some of the out of town Id's I see hitting it suggest it must be stronger than Gunbarrel?

scanlist

Sunset has a limited footprint and is primarily targeting the city of Longmont. I'm just across the street from the city of Boulder at the Daytime job so sunset yields 1 bar on the 106 in the parking lot.

If it ever happens it's a good bet that since the Gunbarrel site is setup to work in a simulcast cluster that a simulcast setup similar to the Adams/Thornton setup would emerge.

scanlist

Remember the picture posted here some time ago inside that sites shack. The OP mentioned site equipment in that shack is typical for a simulcast configuration.

I do believe the OP knew what he was talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.