Boulder PD reception in Broomfield?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLizard

Hi all,

I've got a wierd problem that I can't seem to make sense of. I cannot receive Boulder PD comms here at my house in Broomfield. I'm basically located at the intersection of 120th Ave and Sheridan.

I have a mag-mount VHF antenna mounted on a filing cabinet on the second story of my house - and I hear nothing on 156.135 MHz.

I also constructed a OCF Dipole (as described in the wiki) and have it mounted in my attic. It works fantastic on 151.355 and 159.270 MHz (Boulder County Fire/Sheriff), but, again, nothing on 156.135 MHz.

I've also taken a spectrum analyzer and monitored the spectrum (in my study on the second story of the house) from 150 - 160 MHz... there's no energy at 156.135 MHz.

Am I in some wierd null? Is anyone nearby that can check if they have reception? This sucks.

~ TheLizard

kib669

I live in Louisville and have a hard time receiving them on a portable. Their transmitter antenna is in Boulder (I think at the PD on 33rd) not on Thorndon (where Green South - 159.270 or Red 1 South - 151.355 are). The Davidson Mesa hill is between both of us and their transmit antenna. Hope this helps.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
The Blue channel primary repeater is loud and clear at home in S.E. Greeley. Their distant footprint appears to be N.E.

I can hear all the fun in the Boulder during the entire morning commute with either Mot MT1000 Portable or Uniden 296D.

Phil.

TheLizard

Thanks for the info guys.

Another data point: My father can hear Boulder PD loud and clear at his place in Aurora. But, then again, he has his antenna atop a 60 ft tower.

~ TheLizard

jfab

I live in Broomfield as well(The Broadlands at 144th and Sheridan) and I can't hear it either. The only time I can hear Blue is when I go into Boulder County. So, it's not just you/your radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.