Boulder PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insulator

I'm puzzled. I've got all of the freqs. in for the City of Boulder New PD system. Good controll channel strengths. I might hear dispatch on TG 45001 once in a while. but no units. I hear them on Broadcastiffy with all transmissions, but my 325p2 is quite and just shows the TG, any solutions? Thank you for anyone's input.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
The talk group you mentioned is a "dispatch" talk group. The others are listed as "Law Tac" talk groups. Tactical and/or other information-sensitive talk groups are disallowed for online broadcast.

I am unsure about tactical talk groups for Fire/EMS. If you want to hear any tactical or information-sensitive talk groups is to buy a scanner, provided the talk groups are not encrypted.

There is a silver lining to this post. The trunking system you referenced is Phase I, not Phase II. Hence, you can find many used/new radios that are capable of hearing this digital format. In some cases, you can find very good deals. The Radio Shack Pro-106/Pro 197; GRE PSR 500; and others are great choices. I seriously doubt linear simulcast issues would be a problem when compared to the statewide P25 system.

HAM festivals are good places to buy a Phase I digital scanner.

Last edited:

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
You are not hearing anything on the 700 system because they are still on VHF.

Over the past several weeks there has been random patching to the 700 system however it is not reliable. In fact 90% of the time it is not working.

Also with it being simulcast the 325p2 will have issues with simulcast distortion. Unication G4 and G5 have been
rock solid on this system.

And there is no guarantee they will be in the clear when they switch over.

Status
Not open for further replies.