Bowling Green Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilsimon04

Hey just moved to bowling green for school and i added all of the freq like police and all that but whenever they are talking it like keeps cutting out and i can hear them perfectly but it cuts out like every 4seconds anyone know what the deal is? I have a RadioShack Pro-528 Thanks alot!

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
First, check your freqs.... I believe BG is going thru rebanding right now (the license is listed as reconfigured).... add these two freqs to the mix: 854.63750 857.13750, see if that helps with following the conversations... haven't had any submissions yet from BG to confirm that those two are in use.... also, make sure you have only one trunked system per bank....

coulterman17

some help

I was listening to them this morning and it seemed like it was fine. I should be goin to Bowling Green in a few days and I'll sit around and see what I can't figure out! I'll also add those freqs. to the scanner. Somebody else may find something out by then but I'll see what I can't figure out. Congrats on the move. I assume you will be going to WKU. I go to Bowling Green once a week to go to school at Draughons Junior College on Fitzgerald-Industrial Dr. I have a pro-433 that I use to monitor the Bowling Green-Warren County system while I'm down there. I can usually pick them up at home in Metcalfe County at night and in the morning(just am in the fringe area(lots of hills between me and B.G.). You will not get bored of listening to the trunked system. Theres usually a talkgroup with activity going constantly. 73's

davidp124

Premium Subscriber
We should start our re-banding next week with the re-programming of all public safety radios, mobiles and portables. Our consoles in the com center have already been set up for the change. Steve is correct in his previous post that if you program the two new frequencies you won't go wrong. Also, a lot of our non-stop radio traffic has decreased to a certain extent with the addition of the Mobile Data Computers in the cars and NCIC info sent straight to our cruisers. We are going to also add computer aided dispatching in the not so distant future, but, not to fear, we will always still have an abundance of radio traffic. Have fun. Do good at WKU.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.