Bowling Green/Warren Co 800 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidp124

Premium Subscriber
According to the FCC website, the Bowling Green/Warren Co 800 Public Safety system has added two additional frequencies to the system. They are 854.6375 and 857.1375. I have not yet monitored any transmissions on these frequencies and do not know if any of them will be control channels. Our portables or mobile units have not been worked on yet though for the additions.

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/searchAdvanced.jsp

David

davidp124

Premium Subscriber
I don't believe we would move to a digital system any time soon. Right now expansion would concentrate in the area of more frequencies and another tower site in order to accommodate more users and expanding corporate limits of the city as well as a new back-up comm/911 center, But, who knows.

David

davidp124

Premium Subscriber
Looks as though we will start the re-banding here during the last week of the month. Our portables and mobiles will be re-programed during this time. I do not know specific frequencies yet. Word is that changes will not be drastic.

David

avfd2922

Actually it started last week. May have started with PD yesterday but well under way. Should continue most of September. Not going as fast as they thought it would.

davidp124

Premium Subscriber
Steve: We are still re-flashing mobiles and portables down here. I can say that along with the re-banding we will now, also have a dedicated back-up channel which will be on a repeater: 809.6375/mob - 854.6375/base. This may be utilized if trunking goes down. I still don't know all the particulars yet. It does look as though the process will take a while.

Take it easy
David

Byrus

I was in BG a few weeks ago and noticed my Iphone was picking up 3 wifi networks.
BG Police, Fire Dept, and Guest. I was just curious what Guest is used for?
Sorry for going off topic.

benjaminfs733

BG is implementing a city wide wifi network. It is not finished or really up and running yet, so I am not sure the purpose of the guest network. There are usually more than just BGPD, BGFD and Guest as well.

Byrus

I was in BG yesterday and was picking up 6 or 7 wifi feeds in certain areas. I must've not noticed them all
the last time. I wonder if there's going to be any consumer wifi feeds?

davidp124

Premium Subscriber
A little more on the changes for this system. The PD utilizes a direct channel/856.2375. This is a point to point/simplex channel that may be used if the radio system fails. It may also be used as a tactical channel during any given situation. I can say that in using this channel it does not have any kind of range on it. Now, the new direct channel is going to be 859.9625. This is currently one of the control channels so I would be anticipating a change in the control channel assignments/maybe, during our r/b process.

David

davidp124

Premium Subscriber
We're still in the process. The new TGs and frequencies won't be activated until all portables and mobiles have been re-flashed. The consoles are already complete to my understanding so once all is complete the consoles in our 911 Comm Center will be activated at the very end of the process. It took a good 30 min + when they did my re-flash. I believe the plan was to have taken all of September.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.