Box Elder CC on UCA

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpcpsrego1

Premium Subscriber
This is a long shot but does anyone know the direct control channel for the Box Elder simulcast for the TG's on UCA? They have 7 control channels listed but only one is the main one used the others are linked in. I don't travel that way much but will be and am just trying to trim the fat off the meat per say and not have to load all the CC frequencies in just to figure out which one it is. Any help is much appreciated and thanks in advance!

Premium Subscriber
Good question. I haven't been up that way in a bit so I'm offering no help here, but if I were to guess... I'd say Promontory Point.

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
OK I used to live in Cache County and am trying to understand what you are asking.
RR shows 7 IR or discrete sites in Box Elder County - look at the list. EACH of them has a control channel. I do not see that these 7 sites are simulcast....if so they would not be listed individually. ANd very difficult to make work since some of the sites are as much as 80 - 100 miles apart!
(FWIW a SImo site is listed in all documentation as ONE SITE without a specific list of the 2,3 or more transmitter locations. The Cache Valley Simo includes at least 3 or more specific transmitters located several miles apart from each other that transmit on the exact same frequency at the same exact time)
So I think your question really can be answered by - see which of the 7 sites is closest to where you are and program that site.
Does that make sense?

mpcpsrego1

Premium Subscriber
Actually both Tooele and Box Elder are simulcast as well, they just aren't listed that way in RR. So Tooele for example you only need the CC from one of the sites listed programmed into your scanner and it will deviate the rest. Just like for Cache you'd only need 852.1375 programmed and the scanner will automatically do the rest. Box Elder is the same way which is why I asked if anyone knew of which of the seven sites listed for Box Elder county was the one needed for control. It's no biggie I programmed all 7 CC's in so I'll just leave it at that for now.

mpcpsrego1

Premium Subscriber
Good question. I haven't been up that way in a bit so I'm offering no help here, but if I were to guess... I'd say Promontory Point.
I was thinking the same as well given geography of the area, I'll update if I figure out which one is the main CC for the region. Personally I think it helps knowing the main CC needed for a Simulcast

Last edited:

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
Actually both Tooele and Box Elder are simulcast as well, they just aren't listed that way in RR. So Tooele for example you only need the CC from one of the sites listed programmed into your scanner and it will deviate the rest. Just like for Cache you'd only need 852.1375 programmed and the scanner will automatically do the rest. Box Elder is the same way which is why I asked if anyone knew of which of the seven sites listed for Box Elder county was the one needed for control. It's no biggie I programmed all 7 CC's in so I'll just leave it at that for now.
I do not see a site named Tooele, and any sites in Tooele County are not in Box Elder County....There is also no site named Box Elder, and there are seven IR or single site locations in Box Elder. So "Toole and Box Elder are simulcast" is incorrect.

What you may be talking about is "affiliation" in which a mobile unit will affiliate with a site and use a Talkgroup. That Talkgroup will ALSO be carried on adjacent neighbor sites so you hear the same words being spoken at the same time in a few sites. That is not simulcast as it is defined.

"The main CC of the region" could better be said "What site covers the largest area"

Last edited:

Premium Subscriber
Multicast vs Simulcast

However... doesn't answer the OP's question (if he worded it to anyone's liking or not)

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
What he is asking "Direct control channel for Box Elder Simulcast" is an unanswerable question as there is no such beast. There are 7 sites all with slightly different coverage. Does he want to listen to Brigham? Then probably Cal Mountain. Far NW Box Elder county - then Lynn. It' s BIG County with seven sites. Real answer is program all 7 sites!

N7YUO

Ahem! The Box Elder County Site at Reservoir Hill (near Brigham City) is part of Weber Simul.
So, when I am tuned to WB Simul, I can hear all the traffic from both counties.

pmstewart

Premium Subscriber
I know the Promintory Point repeater has enough range and is geographically situated in a manner that Tooele's Dispatch Center uses it all the time to cover dead zones. The units affiliating or associating with it do so frequently. Also the Promintory Point Repeater helps UHP cover I-80 out west past Grantsville as well as the famous dead spot between mile post 99 and 102 on I-80.

Most of western Box Elder County is uninhabited. The majority of the population is along the western side of the Wasatch Mountains east of I-15.
Yes, the Reservoir Hill site is tied to Weber Simulcast through a talkgroup and not actual frequencies to my knowledge.

N7YUO

I can receive WB Simul from Kearns, and I get a lot of Box Elder traffic on it.
WB Simul consists of these four sites:
OGDEN PUBLIC SAFETY CTR 2187 LINCOLN AVE, OGDEN
ROCKY POINT
DRIVERS LICENSE DIV, 615 EAST 5300 SOUTH, SOUTH OGDEN
RESERVOIR HILL 500 SOUTH 600 EAST, BRIGHAM CITY
Ref FCC licenses WPRH429, & WQED625,
I recall reading about Reservoir Hill being added to WB Simul back when we had the 7202 Group.

Status
Not open for further replies.