Box of Rocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skull13

Premium Subscriber
Well i just got a new RS 106 and I'm trying to load anoka co. mn into it and i get a msg saying NOTHING ENABLED. I know I'm dumber than a box of rocks with this thing i just want to get my ARMER freqs in it and leave it alone.I tried finding instructions for the win500 but no luck.. Please help..

GrayJeep

Premium Subscriber
"nothing enabled" means you haven't turned on a scanlist containing something for it to scan.

The other mystery error that's possible is "HEAP ERROR" - this translates to "unassigned objects" meaning that you have stuff in Win500 that is not assigned to any scanlist (and the scanner doesn't like that and complains as soon as you push almost any button). You can find these unassigned objects quite easily with Win500.

Be patient. This scanner makes everyone feel stupid for awhile. Quite awhile for some of us. But it's a really great scanner once you learn how to make it go.

mciupa

Catchy thread title :)

I was expecting to read about a purchaser buying a scanner privately and receiving a Box of Rocks :lol:

hcpholder

Premium Subscriber
Hum, I have a lot of items "unassigned" to scan lists, and have never had a "HEAP" error!

Skull13

Premium Subscriber
Thanx

Thanks for the help i seem to be getting the hang of it. I know there's alot more to it but i do have some lists in it now.

DonS

Hum, I have a lot of items "unassigned" to scan lists, and have never had a "HEAP" error!

The term "unassigned" when describing "Heap Error" means that a TGRP object is not assigned to any TSYS, not that the TGRP is not assigned to any scan list.

Status
Not open for further replies.