• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

    We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

    If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Boyd Lake rescue in progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spud

Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2005
Messages
153
Location
Fort Collins, CO
Units are responding to Boyd Lake just E. of Loveland.
Possible dive rescue in progress.

LC MAC 1 TG. (4054)


Shutting down to code 2, false alarm...

Cancelling other units, some moron with a dead battery on a water craft!


The spud
 
Last edited:

jimmnn

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
14,327
Location
Colorado
Spud said:
Units are responding to Boyd Lake just E. of Loveland.
Possible dive rescue in progress.

LC MAC 1 TG. (4054)

The spud
Don't know about in-progress, yes units are responding but it's nothing just a dead battery.

There is a big reason we hold incident pages until someone is on-scene to confirm, callers and dispatch info is super bad.

Jim<
 
Last edited:

Spud

Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2005
Messages
153
Location
Fort Collins, CO
Electron trauma

jimmnn said:
Don't know about in-progress, yes units are responding but it's nothing just a dead battery.

Jim<
Gotta wonder how it got reported to get from a daed battery to a rescue reponse.
Wonder what UCR code covers that one...

73,
The spud.
 

rickak

Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2003
Messages
389
Location
Fort Collins, CO
Spud said:
Gotta wonder how it got reported to get from a daed battery to a rescue reponse.
The report was from someone on the bike path that a woman was screaming for help in the middle of the lake.

Rick
 

papaelk

Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2006
Messages
276
Location
Thornton Co
jimmnn said:
There is a big reason we hold incident pages until someone is on-scene to confirm, callers and dispatch info is super bad.

Jim<

That is also why i dont post anything on the forum until it is confirmed.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top