Boynton / Delray PBCSO

Status
Not open for further replies.

k4pmd

Hi All,
I currently live in Plantation, but will be moving to Boynton (Atlantic/Lyons) next year. In preparation, I've setup my GRECOM PSR-700 for the PBCSO TG of District 4 and 6 using the RR database through the Grecom EZ Scan software.

Unfortunately, I can't hear anything, as I believe my current location is out of range, and the shorty antenna is not helping much.

So for those who live in the area, is the RR database up to date (July 2014) and do you normally hear dispatch on those TG?

I've also started monitoring the local ham repeaters - as I would like to join in once I get up there and settled in. Which repeaters are commonly used in the WP area?

Thanks in Advance

WQPW689

As of a couple of weeks ago the database was fine. I'm up north now and will be back shortly but my 536 had no problem getting BBPD and the Sheriff's just using the zip locator (not much of a programmer) from the 23rd and Federal Highway area in Boynton Beach. You're only a couple of miles south, so you should be OK for BBPD. Clear as a bell. PBSO comes in fine, if a little scratchy at times. They are both Phase II, so if your 700 can handle it, happy listening.

Antenna wise I have a few, including a mag mount ProComm JBC290M sitting on a shelf on top of a 12" sq. piece of galvanized steel, and a trusty Diamond 77 I stick on a couple of other scanners from time to time.

Listen for the Wellington Radio Club (Wellington Radio Club). Very active and they log onto the Eastern Reflector a lot. With only inexpensive HT's I get upstate NY, Idaho and a great guy from San Diego (wish I had my logbook with me for his name). Once got a fellow from England. Who knew?

There's also one in your very own DelRay:

Delray Beach amateur radio repeaters

They're open and if I recall they run net nights too.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Gadgetmann

Premium Subscriber
It looks like the system you are trying to monitor is the Palm Beach County Safety Radio system, which is a Motorola Type II Smartzone, not a Phase II. Looks like you can monitor PBCSO, but Boynton Beach and Delray Beach, Fire and Police Dispatch are digital..........hence your problem with you not hearing them as the PSR 700 is not digital, the PSR 800 is and the PSR 800 also does Phase II(but this system is not Phase II).

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
Also the 3 municipalities (Boca, Boynton, and Delray) are separate systems from the County's and the city talk-groups do not roam out to the County-wide simulcast. You have to be careful when putting in the CC's as to not put them all together in the same bank.

k4pmd

PBCSO

Thanks all for your replies...but I'm a bit confused now.

The RR Database does NOT indicate BB District 4 or 6 as Digital but Analog

26832 68d A PBSO S1 Disp South Region Ch 1A - Dispatch (Districts 4 & 6)

26320 66d A PBSO S 1 C/C South Region Ch 1B - Car-to-Car (Districts 4 & 6)

The Legend indicates West BB as District 6.

I'll be in the Atlantic / Lyons Rd are.

thanks,

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
PBSO talk-groups are designated as regions and not districts. At times there are numerous districts that are dispatched under the same regional TG. Even at times they patch SR2A to SR1A that covers west Boca and all three are dispatched together.

At this time the majority of PBSO is analog like most of the County users, but that will change in the next few years.

JANFINE

Premium Subscriber
Boynton Beach

Palm Beach County site 1 is mostly Analog.
Boca Raton site 2, Boynton Beach site 3, and Delray Beach site 4, are seperate sites.
On site 2, 3, 4 PD and FD are digital. LG is analog.
So you can listen to everything except Boca, Boynton, and Delray PD and FD.

Thanks all for your replies...but I'm a bit confused now.

The RR Database does NOT indicate BB District 4 or 6 as Digital but Analog

26832 68d A PBSO S1 Disp South Region Ch 1A - Dispatch (Districts 4 & 6)

26320 66d A PBSO S 1 C/C South Region Ch 1B - Car-to-Car (Districts 4 & 6)

The Legend indicates West BB as District 6.

I'll be in the Atlantic / Lyons Rd are.

thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.