BR-330 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Napalm

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone still use this scanner? It seems so old now, but was so advanced when I first bought it.

It works fine still except that I don't have temporary lockouts like the BCT-15. It's a shame there will be no more firmware updates :(

Oh, and the DC in socket no longer works. I took the radio apart yesterday and the socket doesn't seem lose or anything... but then again theres a splogde of black potting compound on the back of the DC socket.

Is there anything I should try and do to fix it? It could be oxidised in there too - the contacts don't look too shiny.

Eng74

I use my 330 at work so it is scanning and then part of the time it on tone out. I use the 330 so much I have worn the rubber sides smooth in in spots. I do use it for races when I go to Fontana. I don't think I have never seen another 330 in use there. I always say the 330 is a hidden jem that got over looked because there was a NASCAR logo on it,

b52hbuff

Premium Subscriber
The BR-330 is one of the few radios to get 512-764MHz, which is a prime spot in the entertainment world for mics and headsets. ;)

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
I have two of them, I do think the Nascar logo was a turn off for people. It's a great scanner if you like the 396's but don't need digital on it and the other minor features.

Before I got my 396T's I took them everywhere. Now I have them hidden under my desk and control them with Proscan.

I sent in one of mine a couple months ago for a DC issue as well and they fixed it. However I didn't open it so I'm not sure if that makes a difference because it's out of warranty anyway. You should ask them.

Last edited:

Napalm

Premium Subscriber
Where'd ya send it, Uniden?

I just have a screen protector on the display and sharpie'd over it :)

I love my '330. I would like the 346 or a digital scanner eventually what with the SAFE-T system here in Indiana.

Napalm

Premium Subscriber
I use my 330 at work so it is scanning and then part of the time it on tone out. I use the 330 so much I have worn the rubber sides smooth in in spots. I do use it for races when I go to Fontana. I don't think I have never seen another 330 in use there. I always say the 330 is a hidden jem that got over looked because there was a NASCAR logo on it,

Yeah my rubber sides are going the same way ;) As is the dust cover on the PC port.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
Where'd ya send it, Uniden?

I just have a screen protector on the display and sharpie'd over it :)

I love my '330. I would like the 346 or a digital scanner eventually what with the SAFE-T system here in Indiana.

Yep.

Product Repair - B2C Static Page at Uniden

Just expect your scanner to be gone for a couple weeks to a month and no tracking capabilities. But, the flat rate repair fee plus the fact it's being done right is why I always send them to Uniden versus local shops. I think it was $45 and two way shipping if I remember correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.