BR-330T sensitivity

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuiltonAsus

I am heavily leaning toward purchasing this unit, but wasn't sure how sensitive it was in comparison to the Pro-162, Pro-164, or the PSR-300. Basically I've narrowed it down to those 4 models. I've already ruled out the Pro-528 since there are no alpha tags and the BC-246T since it can't hear 700Mhz.

Any suggestions or feedback?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I am not aware of anything going on in 700 MHz that is not digital (but could certainly have missed something).

BuiltonAsus

Ok, thanks. This could sway my decision, but I already have a digital scanner. I was looking at the BR-330T as a supplement, and since I see they are being priced under $200 on these forums now, I think it'd be great to have.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
My (quite biased) opinion is that the BR330T is the best analog trunk tracker ever made. You'll find it not as sensitive as GRE models (but that can be overcome to a great degree by using an antenna specifically designed to have gain in your band of interest) but much less prone to desensing from front-end overload.

Features, frequency coverage, size...all are huge assets over other models.

jerk

My (quite biased) opinion is that the BR330T is the best analog trunk tracker ever made. You'll find it not as sensitive as GRE models (but that can be overcome to a great degree by using an antenna specifically designed to have gain in your band of interest) but much less prone to desensing from front-end overload.

Features, frequency coverage, size...all are huge assets over other models.

Ok, I don't disagree... And the dynamic memory option is a plus.
But it died way too young. Why?

Eng74

I think that the 330T was the wrong radio to make for a race scanner. The normal NASCAR fan will use the radio 3 to 4 times a year and will not use all of the other features that the 330T has (had) to offer. The trunking and fire tone out come to mind right off the top. I wish Uniden would to a new 330T. Drop the race feature. Be able to use PL's with fire tone out and also have more than 10 chs for tone out. Maybe be able to set it up as a system? Other than that like everyone has said it is a great non digital trunk tracker. I use mine all of the time for work once we went to the 1+1 tones it is not like our old 2+2 tone out where everyone knew who it was when the tones started. It works faster than our pager most of the time. One thing I forgot to add, add multi site like the BCT15/996.

Last edited:

blinddog50

Totally agree with the above posts about it being the best analog scanner made.
They do fairly well on the SW broadcast bands as well.
I've got 4 of them and I always pick them up before the 396's I have.

Smerri

I have to agree with the rest of the posts. I have not been into scanners as long as others (only about a year or so now) but I absolutely love my 330! I bought it when it came back from retirement on scannerworld and at the time was questioning the purchase but I certainly don't regret it. It is without a doubt my favorite scanner, as it comes with me in the car, sits on my desk, travels with me on vacation, etc... I would certainly recommend it if you are considering buying an analog handheld.

Also, I use bcTool to program it (a free program) and that works great with it!

The quick key memory is easily my favorite and is one reason I would consider grabbing a 396. I have nothing but positive things to say about this scanner and could go on and on about why I love it.

cipher66

ARTCC DB Manager
Database Admin
I am not aware of anything going on in 700 MHz that is not digital (but could certainly have missed something).

Just so the records straight on this topic, there is at least 1 non-digital 700MHz freq active in my area.... Illinois State Police District 11 Car Repeater Freq:

764.21875 WPTZ798 M 162 DPL ISP D11 MX-O Police: Mobile Extender (Output) FM Law Tac

So, I would suppose that there is a market for analog receivers in this range, but probably not alot right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.