BR330T HF capable??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey folks, I've been looking into a BR330T, and when I read thru the specs, I see its frequencies listed as 100 kHz - 1.3 GHz continous(-cell).

Now, as I understand it, HF is 100kHz to 30Mhz, so it should do HF right? But what about all the different modes (SSB,USB,LSB), I dont see anything mentioned about those in the user manual, or specs.

Anyone in here using this scanner for HF listening, that can offer thier opinion/info?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Scan, if you are serious about doing HF, don't go half-axx with shortcuts. A SDR radio can do a fine job on HF; even if you were to get a RX320 used (which is software driven not defined), it's more than enough to give you an introduction. Heck, we have more than enough in our HF section of the wiki to research reviews of receivers and much more.

Do some homework first to avoid disappointment later 73 Mike

Scan, if you are serious about doing HF, don't go half-axx with shortcuts. A SDR radio can do a fine job on HF; even if you were to get a RX320 used (which is software driven not defined), it's more than enough to give you an introduction. Heck, we have more than enough in our HF section of the wiki to research reviews of receivers and much more.

Do some homework first to avoid disappointment later 73 Mike

Thats why I'm here ka3jjz :) I just saw the 330T was capable of HF without the modes listed, but being new to HF I couldnt be sure soo, I thought I would throw it out here, and see what you guys who know, have to say..

I've been doing lots of reading, but still don't know if I should go with something like the SDRs Ive read about(leaning towards the quicksilver QS1R if any, I think you suggested it in another post), or something more driven, like a PSR from ICOM. I think for my level of knowledge and experience, the icoms might be best for me, but then I read the reviews, and well, theyre not so good lol...

I'll keep digging :)

Thanks for your input.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.