BR330T On Sale RS.com for $240

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB4REA

Radio Aficionado
After doing some quick research and comparing....

The total with sales tax @ RadioShack comes to $256 w/ free shipping but...

@ SBHcorp.com the BR330T is priced at $234, no sales tax with a shipping charge of $15

so it's actually 6 bucks cheaper @ $250 total

Still asking myself...will this be my first Uniden scanner?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
As long as you don't need digital, the 330 is an excellent scanner. Not prone to overload or intermod in my rf saturated metro area (I'm not currently using it on an external antenna). Good sensitivity, and the flexibility of the dynamic memory setup.

safetyobc

Brewkelyn said:
The total with sales tax @ RadioShack comes to $256 w/ free shipping but...

@ SBHcorp.com the BR330T is priced at $234, no sales tax with a shipping charge of $15

so it's actually 6 bucks cheaper @ $250 total

Still asking myself...will this be my first Uniden scanner?

Dude, this is a great scanner. I debated for months, even bought a Pro-2055 and Pro-97 in the mean time. I finally got my BR330T and love it. It is a lot more scanner than the Pro series that are available. Just my opinion though.

matt

acetech

www.pagecomputers.com has it for around 230 after shipping. Thats where i got mine from.

Price changes a little every once in a while .. I got it for 224 with shipping from there.

KB4REA

Radio Aficionado
safetyobc said:
Dude, this is a great scanner. I debated for months, even bought a Pro-2055 and Pro-97 in the mean time. I finally got my BR330T and love it. It is a lot more scanner than the Pro series that are available. Just my opinion though.

matt
Well Matt, I know what you mean about debating what to buy and what not to buy.

Here's my situation, real quick...
I've had my Pro-97 for a year now and love it. I thought that by getting a Pro-2055 two months ago I'd be set but you know I don't have an outside antenna for it (well I do, I just have to get it up in the attic of my apartment) but I realize that it was more of a spur-of-the-moment, great-sale-at-RS, couldn't-pass-up kinda purchase.

I didn't really need it and now it's just sitting on my shelf. I realize now that I prefer a handheld radio much more over a base/mobile.

So I'm curious about (and itching for) either a 330T or 396T.
I'm even considering giving up my Pro-97/Pro-2055 scanners and some accessories (like car and home power adapter for the 97) for one of these Uniden handhelds but I would have to come close to breaking even, in other words, get enough from the sale to purchase at least a new 330T.

I'll figure something out...

safetyobc

Brewkelyn said:
Well Matt, I know what you mean about debating what to buy and what not to buy.

Here's my situation, real quick...
I've had my Pro-97 for a year now and love it. I thought that by getting a Pro-2055 two months ago I'd be set but you know I don't have an outside antenna for it (well I do, I just have to get it up in the attic of my apartment) but I realize that it was more of a spur-of-the-moment, great-sale-at-RS, couldn't-pass-up kinda purchase.

I didn't really need it and now it's just sitting on my shelf. I realize now that I prefer a handheld radio much more over a base/mobile.

So I'm curious about (and itching for) either a 330T or 396T.
I'm even considering giving up my Pro-97/Pro-2055 scanners and some accessories (like car and home power adapter for the 97) for one of these Uniden handhelds but I would have to come close to breaking even, in other words, get enough from the sale to purchase at least a new 330T.

I'll figure something out...

Good luck. I don't think you'd be disappointed with either the BCD396T or the BR330T. Keep us updated.

matt

KB4REA

Radio Aficionado
Good Link

acetech said:
www.pagecomputers.com has it for around 230 after shipping. Thats where i got mine from.

Price changes a little every once in a while .. I got it for 224 with shipping from there.
Wow, the price just keeps on getting better and better....good link.
I just checked for myself, it'll be $230 after shipping like you said. I guess there's no sales tax.

I assume everything has gone smoothly with your purchase there.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
hmmm, yea the total spectrum of service, from very satisfied to very dissatisfied, but I've had problems with RadioShack too. At least RadioShack will exchange, refund, or fix a product.

KB4REA

Radio Aficionado
Grog said:
I'm not sure if I'd buy from them. The rating is not too high right now at resellerratings. http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1830.html
Thanks for the heads up. ;)

I'm sure like most people here at RR, I don't mind paying a little more if it means quality customer service, prompt shipping and quick replies to questions or concerns that I may have.

On the other hand, realistically, every company has its share of satisfied and dissatisfied costumers, as DaveIN alluded to in his post. I've been fortunate with all my Radio Shack purchases, they've been good experiences for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.