BR330T question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I have somebody offering me the BR330T for $130. It looks like it is in good condition and he says he has only used it for about a total of 60 hours (he has a lot of scanners). My question is, is it worth it? I do not need digital whatsoever right now. Is it too priced for the age of the scanner? It is about 3 years old or 2 1/2. I want something that I can connect to the computer to control it, and I know this scanner does that.

Is it a good scanner for that price?

Thank you for your help.

Mike

Last edited:

RadioDaze

That is a great scanner for conventional scanning as well as analog trunked. Sensitive, solid construction, nice feel, great audio especially when using headphones, nice variety of programming software available. As Eng74 said, that price is too good to pass up. If you don't like it, you can always get more than you paid for it. (Oh, and if you don't like it, you're also nuts, so it will be like a free psych evaluation.)

That is a great scanner for conventional scanning as well as analog trunked. Sensitive, solid construction, nice feel, great audio especially when using headphones, nice variety of programming software available. As Eng74 said, that price is too good to pass up. If you don't like it, you can always get more than you paid for it. (Oh, and if you don't like it, you're also nuts, so it will be like a free psych evaluation.)

Hahahah, ok. Well thank you then. I will see what I do and I will let you guys know.

He already sold it, oh well. Now I can get another one he is selling me for almost $200. It is also in good condition, and he is including the programming cable. What would you do? Still a good sale?

Thanks again guys

Bill_White

How nice of him to include a cable that came with the scanner from the factory. :roll:
I wouldn't buy it...I already have one.
Good sale = Willing buyer, willing seller. ;)

How nice of him to include a cable that came with the scanner from the factory. :roll:
I wouldn't buy it...I already have one.
Good sale = Willing buyer, willing seller. ;)

I know uh, the cable comes in the box.
Anyway, if you didn't have one, would you pay $190 for an used one?

Eng74

Ah, So..You will give me $260.00 for mine?? :lol:

If it only had 60 hours of use and I wanted another one yes. Since Scanner Master got the last of them and wants $400 for new yes $260 is a good deal. When I have seen them on ebay they resell in the $300 range. I don't need another one right now so I won't take you up on your $260 price right now.

Bill_White

I know uh, the cable comes in the box.
Anyway, if you didn't have one, would you pay $190 for an used one?

Me? No, not after owning one…
I fell off the BR330 bandwagon a long time ago…
Mine was a gift and has been in the box for a couple years now.
Not because it was a bad scanner, just lack of need/usage.
The closest trunk system I monitor is Genesee County
(closest tower is ~13 miles from here),
and I can’t pick it up in town on the 330 using any “duck” antenna.
I have a dozen or so base scanners here. One BC780 dedicated to Genesee County.
When I go for a walk, I usually grab the VX-6 or VR-500.
So, I just wasn’t using it….
I have heard others say it’s the best thing since sliced bread but,
I wonder why it had such a short production life???

Bill_White

If it only had 60 hours of use and I wanted another one yes. Since Scanner Master got the last of them and wants $400 for new yes $260 is a good deal. When I have seen them on ebay they resell in the $300 range. I don't need another one right now so I won't take you up on your $260 price right now.

Well, that would be mine...
Used it for a couple - three months.
All boxed up and ready to go.
Better hurry before the price increase. :D

Eng74

I wonder why it had such a short production life???

Made for the wrong market. It was to complex for the normal race fan. The normal race fan will not use trunking, fire tone out, 2500 channels, not easy to program, and price. The biggest thing the normal scanner user did not like about it, the NASCAR logo on it.

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
one just went on ebay today after 5 day auction for 200$ shipped and did not have wrist strap, sma to bnc adapter, batteries or belt clip....but more importantly they are just so hard to find these days. i was going to sell mine becuase i always use my 396 or 96 these days due to digital systems, but I can't sell it because it is such a great performer and very solid radio..

garys

Premium Subscriber
Made for the wrong market. It was to complex for the normal race fan. The normal race fan will not use trunking, fire tone out, 2500 channels, not easy to program, and price. The biggest thing the normal scanner user did not like about it, the NASCAR logo on it.

I think you're right. It was too much for for race monitoring, but perfect if you didn't need digital. Which I didn't at work, which is where I used the 330.

one just went on ebay today after 5 day auction for 200$ shipped and did not have wrist strap, sma to bnc adapter, batteries or belt clip....but more importantly they are just so hard to find these days. i was going to sell mine becuase i always use my 396 or 96 these days due to digital systems, but I can't sell it because it is such a great performer and very solid radio..

I turned mine on for the first time in months today. I should sell it since I don't have much need for it, but I can't bear to part with it. At least not this week. ;)

I paid $174.00 from Uniden direct, which was a great price. Good to know that I should be able make that back. After all, mine has all the accessories including the highly valuable wrist strap.

I think you're right. It was too much for for race monitoring, but perfect if you didn't need digital. Which I didn't at work, which is where I used the 330.

I turned mine on for the first time in months today. I should sell it since I don't have much need for it, but I can't bear to part with it. At least not this week. ;)

I paid $174.00 from Uniden direct, which was a great price. Good to know that I should be able make that back. After all, mine has all the accessories including the highly valuable wrist strap.

$174 brand new? That's a great price, this guy is selling it to me for almost $200, used. Although it has been used very little. Wish I could find a brand new one for that price. I know there was some kind of offer somewhere else where they sold it for $134 brand new, of course you had to buy like a thousand more things with it so that the offer would be valid, like a leather case, and what not. So...yeah $134 for the scanner plus $300 for the accessories.
I guess I will have to buy it from this guy for the $200!!

garys

Premium Subscriber
$174 brand new? That's a great price, this guy is selling it to me for almost $200, used. Although it has been used very little. Wish I could find a brand new one for that price. I know there was some kind of offer somewhere else where they sold it for $134 brand new, of course you had to buy like a thousand more things with it so that the offer would be valid, like a leather case, and what not. So...yeah $134 for the scanner plus $300 for the accessories.
I guess I will have to buy it from this guy for the $200!!

It was one of those weird things. They weren't selling because race fans didn't want all the other features and non race fans were turned off by the NASCAR logo. So, Uniden put them up at their online store at a bargain price. I bought it because I didn't want to risk losing my 396T at work and the price was right.

Of course, like the RH96, once Uniden stopped making them, they became popular.

You might also consider the 346XT which is very similar, but has all of the XT features. Check around and you should find it for not a whole lot more than the used BR330T.

It was one of those weird things. They weren't selling because race fans didn't want all the other features and non race fans were turned off by the NASCAR logo. So, Uniden put them up at their online store at a bargain price. I bought it because I didn't want to risk losing my 396T at work and the price was right.

Of course, like the RH96, once Uniden stopped making them, they became popular.

You might also consider the 346XT which is very similar, but has all of the XT features. Check around and you should find it for not a whole lot more than the used BR330T.

I will check the 346XT. :)

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The BR330T had extended frequency coverage (.1 MHz - 25 MHz) that the 346XT doesn't cover. Other than that, the 346XT is the newer platform and includes all the feature additions and enhancements of the latest models.

The BR330T had extended frequency coverage (.1 MHz - 25 MHz) that the 346XT doesn't cover. Other than that, the 346XT is the newer platform and includes all the feature additions and enhancements of the latest models.

I kind of like the fact that the BR330T has wide band. I mean, which other scanners have wide band?

Status
Not open for further replies.