BR330T Quick Key Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcmios

I know I am missing something easy but I just can't seem to work the 2 digit quick keys, 1 through 9 are ok but beyond that I have to use the scroll feature to access groups and sub groups to lock and unlock them, and yes they have been assigned quick keys with Butel software.

Thanks in advance
Jim

wyldman

You have to enter a decimal before the two digit quick keys to activate ot deactivate them.

So if you want to turn on quick key 24,you enter . then 2 then 4.

Hope that's what you were looking for. :D

jcmios

I guess I need a leson from page one, activating and deactivating #1 - 9 is no problem but when I try any two digit numbers such as .65 all I get is beeps.

I know I am missing something in the manual.

Jim

MarkWestin

For some unknown reason, locking and unlocking a system or group is not the same as activating or deactivating it. Try unlocking everything through your software, and then you should be able to activate/deactivate them through the keyboard.

Mark

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
MarkWestin said:
For some unknown reason, locking and unlocking a system or group is not the same as activating or deactivating it. Try unlocking everything through your software, and then you should be able to activate/deactivate them through the keyboard.

Mark
It is not an unknown reason; Locking out something and disabling are two different functions. If you would have said being able to L/O a system makes no sense, I would have agreed with you, since you can just disable if from the Keypad, but I guess some people have systems assigned to no SQK, so the only way to shut them off is L/O.

wyldman

jcmios said:
I guess I need a leson from page one, activating and deactivating #1 - 9 is no problem but when I try any two digit numbers such as .65 all I get is beeps.

I know I am missing something in the manual.

Jim

If your getting beeps when trying to activate a quick key,then it means that quick key is not vaild,or not assigned to anything.It may also beep if you have all the groups in that system disabled or locked out,as then there is nothing to scan.

Like mentioned above,the whole purpose of using quick keys is to avoid having to lock systems out,you can just turn them off and on.

Double check in your software that each system is assigned a quick key.

LukeB

Digging this post out

I have a system stored in QK 10. I tried the .10 and when I hit the "." then "1" it shows all the other systems in "-" then the "0" is illuminated but when I hit the "0" to complete ".10" the asterick shows up then the scanner begins scanning again. I do not see the "0" illuminated as an active system in the display. Any ideas?

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
LukeB said:
I have a system stored in QK 10. I tried the .10 and when I hit the "." then "1" it shows all the other systems in "-" then the "0" is illuminated but when I hit the "0" to complete ".10" the asterick shows up then the scanner begins scanning again. I do not see the "0" illuminated as an active system in the display. Any ideas?
You say it begins scanning again, what is it scanning?

Try this test, disable all of the systems you have programmed by using the QK's to toggle them all off. If you have any with no QK's assigned, then L/O them out temporarily. Then try you ".10" to see if it is scanning the system assigned to QK 10. Consider this, if the system assigned to 10 is small (conventional with just a few channels) and you add it (10) while you are scanning other things, it may never show on the display, as it scans faster then the display can show it.

LukeB

Valid point lou. I originally thought that until I noticed that the "0" was not illuminated on the display. Now maybe I have this wrong but I would guess the "0" would show up assuming that this is system 10. Anyone know how to verify what system 10 displays as or any double digit quick key displays as?

Edit: I think I figured it out. I joggled around with the QK's and the system was seen by the scanner. My question still stands with how you determine that a double digit QK is active or not active..

Last edited:

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
LukeB said:
...My question still stands with how you determine that a double digit QK is active or not active..
I don't have a 330 but I do have a 396 so I am guessing the display operates basically the same. You see the multi-digit systems just like you do the single digit ones. When dealing with 1-10 (displays 1 thru 0) the left side of the display line shows a "0", when dealing with 11-20 the left side of the display line shows a "1", etc.

LukeB

You lost me pal...lol I presume its the same type of display as well. Just not understanding your explination... sorry

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
LukeB said:
You lost me pal...lol I presume its the same type of display as well. Just not understanding your explination... sorry
Hmmm. The display (only the line that displays the systems that are active) consists of a line of numbers 1-0 to indicate 1-10 of the current "tens" grouping. The "tens" grouping is displayed at the left side (slightly separated) of that line. So for systems 1-10 the left side displays a "0"; for 11-20, a "1"; for 21-30, a "2"; ect. The combination of that "tens" grouping number and the number displayed to on the line (to the right of it) makes up the actual QK the system is assigned to; e.g. "0" + "3" is QK3, "1" + "2" is QK12, in your specific case "0" + "0" is QK10. (You can thank Uniden for this bit of confusion. ;) )

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
You mentioned that when you press . 1 0 the "0" on the "S1" line changes to an asterisk. this would indicate that at that point you have disabled SQK 10. To re-enable SQK 10, while scanning, press . 1 0 again (so that the "*" on the "S1" line changes back to a "0").

If the scanner is not scanning the system assigned to SQK 10 at that point, it would be because the system is locked out. If that is the case, press HOLD. Then hold F and rotate the scroll knob until you are on that system. If "L/O" is in the display, while continuing to hold F, press L/O to unlock the system.

LukeB

Thanks to loumaag and everyone else for their help in explaining this to me. This was driving me crazy...

Status
Not open for further replies.