Bradford County EMS Changes starting Oct. 1, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

UFEMTFF

Feed Provider
For anyone who cares, we'll be making some operations changes starting next month.

First, we'll be making Medic 4 a full-time 911 truck starting 0800 on Sept. 30th. This means that from that time on, we'll be operating 3 trucks 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Next, Medic 4 will be moving out of Station 6 in Starke. The new location has not been finalized, but ideas include Station 5 in Lawtey, a location on Market Rd., north of Starke and Station 8 in Brooker. The county had been talking about this for a while, and when they make a decision I'll let you know.

Also, Medic 6 will no longer be functioning as "Rescue Backup" officially. Until now, we have scheduled a Medic and EMT as "Medic 6" every day of the week, as "on-call" personel. Medic 6 will only run calls if there happens to be a crew at the station to man the truck. Rescue Backup will no longer be paged out. If the situation arises that a 4th (or 5th, or 6th... ;) ) truck is needed, mutual aid from the closest county will be used.

Still in disscussion are a few issues. First, the issue of non-emergency patient transfers from the two nursing homes and the hospital is up for debate. Since Medic 1 will be the only unit in Starke and the Primary 911 unit for that area, we're trying to figure out how to handle the extra tranfers. We're planning on having Medic 2 (Theressa) and Medic ?4? (location to be announced) alternate the Signal 15s until another unit is staffed. The other issue is a 4th truck for the county. We'd like to have a 4th truck (possibly a 12 hour, 5 day a week truck) running out of Station 6 again which would be the Primary Transfer truck, and backup 911 truck for Starke.

On a side note, I just finished installation of a laptop in Medic 1 on Wednesday. We're still working out some of the bugs with the wireless, but it seems to be working well. It allows the medics to do their reports in the truck on the way back from the hospital and submit them whenever the truck gets back to the station. Soon we'll be adding a Sprint Air Card to allow for internet wherever the truck is, so we can access the CAD and maping software.

I know that's a lot of information, but I just wanted to let everyone know what's been going on. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

- Brendan

khvfdff

Well that is cool. Yes keep us posted. I myself keep my ears glued to you alls channels. At least until they make an LTR MultiNet scanner. Then after that just may keep it on Clay Fire Dispatch LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.