• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Bradford County EMS Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

UFEMTFF

Premium Subscriber
khvfdff said:
Dude what a cool site... That is awesome....
Thanks. I'm working on getting a live feed of Tac 1 and 4 up soon. You'll be able to listen using the Butel program that everyone else has.

khvfdff

Hey UFEMTFF,

Well I don't need that since I already have access to TAC 1 and TAC 4. I work for the Fire Department in Keystone Heights. They are in our truck radios, our handhelds as well as all my scanners. So I won't need to have them up and running on the computer too LOL.. At least others will be able to hear the fire and ems calls. BTW, I have no idea what's wrong but my Easy Stream Client is acting up I have the current version too. I am haveing trouble being able to listen to ACFR/GFR as well as Pinellas County. I do have dial up internet so I dont know if that is causing the problem. DSL is not currently available in the Keystone Heights area through our current internet provider of BellSOUTH. Like I said I am having a hard time hearing what they are saying cause when they are talking it keeps dropping off like the scanner does when you go through a dead spot when in the car or like a cell phone does at times like when you are in a bad area with no near towers.

Jay

UFEMTFF

Premium Subscriber
Jay

I'd say you probably need a broadband connection to hear it well. I've noticed sometimes when I'm at work, during the day when lots of people are sharing the internet connection, it gets a bit choppy.

The only thing I can imagine that would help would be using a faster internet connection.

P.S.
I spent a couple hours the other night with a few St. 10 guys at a fire in Melrose.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I have DSL but having problems with my feed stupid DynDNS won't do update and it worked for 2 weeks before it will not update ip address... I like the site but looks like they are doing updates on Clay Co FD I click a station nothing comes up just says back. Jay we had major fires over the weekend one near a church and they shut down trains going through and I heard a nasty one by Ponte Verda area tooo that is where St 9 is too bad I didn't have recorded and I didn't do it because something told me there was strom rolling at night and it did....

Status
Not open for further replies.