brand new here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having problems finding anyone in my area to get info about ham radios.. i want to take the test and get a entry level mobile unit for my truck.. i travel all over the US for work... if the bug notes I'm sure i will invest lost more into nice equipment.. but i can't even find where to take the test.. and then who could be an elmer to me.. there is a club in my town .. however they provide no emails or phone numbers only war to reach them is ..you guessed it on the radio! no good to those wanting to join the hobby... it just seems to me looking from the outside in not knowing much about this hobby except from my research over the last few days that members of this group can be kinda " stuck up" maybe i am reading it wrong? or maybe its just the people in my area? you would think it would benefit everyone to have more new generations learning and involved in this hobby?
any advice or insight would be great guys?

Bam that did the trick.. found a place...now if I can find some locals to learn from...
I'm in east Texas.. near Longview tx
Thanks guys

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
I've moved your thread to the "Getting your license" forum.

There's a sticky thread at the top of this forum that discusses how to find test sessions in your area. You've already been given the link to the ARRL test session finder, but there are other organizations who administer amateur radio tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.