AntennaCraft Brand-New In-The-Box Scantenna Available

trp2525

For those who may be searching for the elusive Antennacraft Scantenna, I just came upon a listing for a brand-new one on eBay. I have absolutely no affiliation with the seller and am simply posting the information here in case a Radio Reference scanner antenna forum reader may be interested.

Here's the direct link to the listing (see pictures below): NOS Vintage Antenna Craft Scantenna 5 band tv antenna T5 | eBay

Scantenna Picture 1.jpgScantenna Picture 2.jpg

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for that tip Herb, I'm not in the market but somebody should snap that puppy right up, I think that's RG58 coax included so it would take some LMR 400, easy enough to get.

Man that looks brand new.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
I missed that price, I did not see that, but I'll tell you what, I would definitely pay 50 bucks for that, maybe a little more.😉

trp2525

Can you imagine paying $350.00 for that only to have it turn into a pretzel after a big storm? :ROFLMAO:
If you ended up buying this for the full $350 Buy It Now price, you would probably be wise to mount it in your attic (instead of outside on your roof) to protect your "major investment."
He'd be better off putting it up for auction ;)
That's a good suggestion but if a very high reserve price was put on the auction by the seller it might not even sell that way.

My take on the $350 Buy It Now price is that the seller knows that he has a very rare new-in-box Scantenna that many would like to have for their shack. If he waits long enough, someone will eventually buy it for the full asking price if they want it bad enough.

This reminds me of an incident back in September 2017 that occurred at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, MA. The New England Patriots were playing the Houston Texans on an unusually hot day for the end of September and the stadium totally ran out of bottled water. As a substitute the concession stands ended up filling cups with tap water from the faucet (in full view of the purchasers) and charged $4.50 per cup! Because of the basic laws of supply and demand they were able to sell those very expensive cups of tap water to their very hot and thirsty fans.