Brand new user to trunk88

Status
Not open for further replies.

del1964

Premium Subscriber
Where do I start? I have downloaded trunk88. Got it "running"...I think BCD396XT in use. Control C-Ch output set to extend. I have used Unitrunker previously...so not a total newb. I don't even know how to close trunk88 properly. It says type the 'Q' uit command? How do I do that? I'm sure there's a user guide somewhere, I'm just little lost.

beejay

Premium Subscriber
del1964,
don't feel to bad,I've been into computers/scanners for many years.I can enjoy Unitrunker and Trunker ID,
but Trunk88 takes me back to the stone age ,otherwise remembered as DOS !!! PHOOEY !
If you like it and can remember the old dos stuff , by all means enjoy it. I prefer something more up to date.
beejay

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
del1964,
don't feel to bad,I've been into computers/scanners for many years.I can enjoy Unitrunker and Trunker ID,
but Trunk88 takes me back to the stone age ,otherwise remembered as DOS !!! PHOOEY !
If you like it and can remember the old dos stuff , by all means enjoy it. I prefer something more up to date.
beejay

Interesting comment considering it is not really DOS at all.
And no matter which software you decide to use you will have
to learn some key commands.
I much prefer T88's layout and logging capabilities over Unitrunker.
To each their own.
Phooey indeed.
Marshall KE4ZNR

slicerwizard

Bulletproof (runs for months without crashing), resistant to false decodes, reports and logs everything, uses very few resources (typically less than 1% CPU loading) - who wants that? Yuck indeed. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.