Brandmeister Account Verification

Status
Not open for further replies.

WA6IJD

Premium Subscriber
Just how long does it take yo get verified for an ID I received years ago before Brandmeister was on scene. Can't log in ... says my Account (Still) has not been verified. I know its a busy hopping time and knew it might take a while, but it's been 2 weeks now. Patience ?? What has anyone experienced lately?

Another DMR nooby question. Does my Account have to be verified before the syste (repeaters) acknowledge my ID on the system, or is that just for the web page?

Thanks all

wd9ewk

Just how long does it take yo get verified for an ID I received years ago before Brandmeister was on scene. Can't log in ... says my Account (Still) has not been verified. I know its a busy hopping time and knew it might take a while, but it's been 2 weeks now. Patience ?? What has anyone experienced lately?

Another DMR nooby question. Does my Account have to be verified before the syste (repeaters) acknowledge my ID on the system, or is that just for the web page?

Not sure how long Brandmeister takes with new logins to their site. It was quick for me when I registered a few months ago. As for using DMR repeaters, your call sign has a DMR ID number assigned to it according to the radioid.net web site. As long as your radio is programmed with that ID, you're all set to use DMR repeaters or hotspots.

If you want to do anything with your DMR ID, you should create an account on the radioid.net site. Although you can do different things on the Brandmeister web site, radioid.net is one of the two web sites that act as the databases for DMR IDs.

Good luck, and 73!

alcahuete

Premium Subscriber
Definitely not 2 weeks...at least not that I have ever seen. I would probably by writing somebody just to see what the hold up is. There is potentially a problem somewhere.

WA6IJD

Premium Subscriber
Not sure how long Brandmeister takes with new logins to their site. It was quick for me when I registered a few months ago. As for using DMR repeaters, your call sign has a DMR ID number assigned to it according to the radioid.net web site. As long as your radio is programmed with that ID, you're all set to use DMR repeaters or hotspots.

If you want to do anything with your DMR ID, you should create an account on the radioid.net site. Although you can do different things on the Brandmeister web site, radioid.net is one of the two web sites that act as the databases for DMR IDs.

Good luck, and 73!
I wonder if someone at brandmiester could help, I mean the place where we all buy our radios.

FFHam

Created a new BM Selfcare account the other day. Haven't received my verification e-mail and attempts to reset things using the "Can't access your account?" page haven't worked. Any attempt to log in faces the "Account (Still) has not been verified" message. Could be a typo I made but can't log in to check because all support options start with that hurdle. I'm not a social media user... any other ways to contact support?

FFHam

For anyone interested, they do have an e-mail option for support in the US. I got my issue straightened out about an hour after sending a message to: dmr-admins (at) repeater dot net

jazzboypro

Premium Subscriber
I registered yesterday at 15:33 and at 19:26 i received an email saying that my account was activated.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
In addition to your number ID, you need a password to use a hotspot. I had a couple of issues and there was almost instant help.

FFHam

Usually new account setup happens quickly. In my case the confirmation/verificaiton e-mail never came... not sure why. For support you're typically directed to their support login page. That didn't work for me as my account was still "inactive". Support via Telegram is usually option #2. Didn't want to sign up for yet another thing just to straighten out my account. Posted the e-mail option I found so others were aware. After a quick e-mail to the support address things were straightened out in short order. Good to have options!

crazyboy

Usually new account setup happens quickly. In my case the confirmation/verificaiton e-mail never came... not sure why. For support you're typically directed to their support login page. That didn't work for me as my account was still "inactive". Support via Telegram is usually option #2. Didn't want to sign up for yet another thing just to straighten out my account. Posted the e-mail option I found so others were aware. After a quick e-mail to the support address things were straightened out in short order. Good to have options!

Just an FYI the support login is completely separate from the actual Brandmeister login. So you could create a login for the support ticket system even if your Brandmeister login did not work. But as you said email and Telegram are also successful.

FFHam

From the look of the two pages one would (incorrectly) assume they were the same. Thank you for that tip!!

Status
Not open for further replies.