Brandmeister Auto-Static Question

dickinj

Hello All - a question about Brandmeister's auto-static feature. My understanding is that if you are using a simplex hotspot and have no static talkgroups assigned, the last talkgroup connected to by the hotspot (via local RF activity) will become auto-static. That means the hotspot will receive data for that talkgroup through the Brandmeister gateway indefinitely. But that isn't what I experience. After local RF activity, my hotspot will remain connected to the last talkgroup for some apparently random amount of time (15 minutes, 1 hour, several hours...?) after which it stops receiving data from the gateway. I have to transmit to the hotspot in order to reset the connection, after which the hotspot will again receive data for some other random amount of time. My first reaction was to blame my home router, thinking the lease on the IP address used by the hotspot is expiring or something similar. But if I set the talkgroup up as static in Brandmeister, the hotspot will remain connected to that talkgroup and receive data from the gateway indefinitely. So the issue doesn't seem to be home network related.

Has anyone else encountered this with an MMDVM/Pi-Star hotspot?

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
My main hotspot does the same thing but it is a duplex hotspot (not simplex) and auto-static doesn't apply to duplex hotspots. I haven't run any of my simplex hotspots recently so can't say if they are doing the same thing. And I don't think there is any "new" info here but just in case anyone reading is not aware of ways to set a static talkgroup without keying your radio -
Are there a way to keep the TG up for always RX? - forum.pistar.uk

bharvey2

I have a Pi-Star too with no static talkgroups programmed in. It behaves just as you describe. Like yours, the length of time it will hold on to a talkgroup and continue to pass traffic varies. I haven't been able to determine any pattern regarding how long it will hold on to a talkgroup after I stop transmitting.