Brandmeister DMR Network in Arkansas

Status
Not open for further replies.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
I am trying to determine the best way to get the Brandmeister DMR network updated in the database. I see it listed but with only the Harrison repeater and talkgroups - there are 14 or 15 repeaters on Brandmeister in Arkansas. I can find them on a map on the Brandmeister site but I'm not sure of the easiest/quickest way to get a list of:

-Repeater (with CC, etc.)
-TGs and Slots

to be added to this existing system so that it is all on one page. I realize I could do it manually but I just haven't had the time lately to sit down and look at each repeater to see the frequencies, slots, talkgroups, and get them in a proper list. So...I'm wondering if anyone has this already?? Why reinvent the wheel when it's already out there.

If it isn't then I will try to get it done at some point. Just hoping someone already has it, either from a spreadsheet or can post something from radio programming. I would really like to see it updated with everything vs just the one. I know milf would do it if he had the info but he likely is like me and doesn't have the time to manually go through every single repeater.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Submit sites and TG to it just like for any TRS... I will add them, and gt it updated as info is subbed.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
I may just do some as I get time...just didn't want to bombard you with submissions if they could all be in one.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
I may just do some as I get time...just didn't want to bombard you with submissions if they could all be in one.

TY... Since the DMR MARC and BrandMeister systems are actually just part of Worldwide IP Site Connect Conventional DMR Networks... It keeps us all on our toes.

ae5au

Premium Subscriber
BrandMeister literally has thousands of talkgroups. All of them are available dynamically on any BrandMeister repeater. Here’s a list of those that are documented:
https://brandmeister.network/?page=talkgroups

In addition to that, some systems use their own ID as a talkgroup and those aren’t often documented. Each repeater can also have static talkgroups defined. These are talkgroups that stay active on the repeater even if there isn’t local traffic. For example, most of the central Arkansas repeaters are associated with the Natural State Xperimenters and use 310501 (NSX Local) as their local talkgroup and have it set as static on slot 2. Other parts of the state can talk to us on that talkgroup but would likely use their slot 1 to dynamically link to it. While not a strick rule, the convention is usually to use slot 1 for dynamic linking and slot 2 for local and regional traffic.

To throw one more wrench in things, some of these systems support multiple digital voice modes and might also have traffic on D-STAR, P25, Yaesu System Fusion, and now even NXDN.

I’m not sure that it makes sense to keep these repeaters setup in RR as a trunked system, but I’m not sure there’s a better way to accurately represent it in RR, either.

ae5au

Premium Subscriber
I am trying to determine the best way to get the Brandmeister DMR network updated in the database. I see it listed but with only the Harrison repeater and talkgroups - there are 14 or 15 repeaters on Brandmeister in Arkansas. I can find them on a map on the Brandmeister site but I'm not sure of the easiest/quickest way to get a list of:

-Repeater (with CC, etc.)
-TGs and Slots

Each repeater page in the BrandMeister dashboard shows the frequency, CC, and TGs that are either static or currently dynamically linked on each slot.

Here is the K5NSX machine on Shinall:
https://brandmeister.network/?page=repeater&id=310501

You can find all Arkansas repeaters by searching for 3105 on the repeaters page:
https://brandmeister.network/?page=repeaters

Note that this only shows systems that are connected to BrandMeister right now. The repeater could be missing from this list and still be on the air but having internet issues.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Thanks, ae5au. That is what I was using to view the various repeaters but the list view (when searing 3105) didn't show all of the information needed to list each one in the database so I was going to have to find the time to list everything in a submission to the db sometime. It doesn't sound like it would take much time but once you start it drags out to a longer process than one might first think. Thus my post here - if no one has a list already (that doesn't require drilling down into each repeater to see the TGs, etc.) then that is the process that I or someone will have to follow.

Unless, milf, you can just use that page to get the pertinent info.

I know there are thousands of TGs but it seems I often see just a few TGs listed with each repeater - some as static TGs, like the two listed as static TGs tied to NZ5E's repeater.

Status
Not open for further replies.