Brandmeister USA server 3101 being decommissioned

Status
Not open for further replies.

w2xq

Mentor
From W7XM:

Announcement - Please Read!

Starting on May 1st, 2021 we will be asking users who are presently connected to Master Server 3101 to start making plans to move your devices (Repeaters, Hotspots, Bridges) to the new 3104 master server.

The reason for this change is due to an unforeseen circumstance which is requiring us to decommission the 3101 Master Server on or around Dec 1st, 2021. This should provide users plenty of advance notice to begin moving to the new 3104 Master server which is in the Chicago data center.

We are sorry for the inconvenience this may provide some users but with the advanced notice we hope the transition will allow for all to move by Dec 1st, 2021.

The New 3104 Information for repeater owners and hotspot users:
-IPV4: 162.248.88.117
-IPV6: Not Available at this time (future announcement will be made when available)
-Domain: 3104.repeater.net

Hotspot Users:
You may change to the new 3104 Master Server any time before December 1, 2021. You will need to change master servers in the drop down under DMR Configuration to “BM_3104_United_States” for pi-star users and “3104 US” for Openspot/BlueDV Users. You may also need to re-enter your password as Pi-Star might remove the password when making configuration changes.

Repeater Owners:
Motorola and Hytera repeaters: You will need to update the IP Address or Domain Name in CPS/codeplug and save/ push your changes to the repeaters (Motorola and/or Hytera Repeaters).

MMDVMHost repeaters: You will need to update the configuration file with the new IP or Domain Name to the 3104 master server.

Pi-Star repeaters: You will need to change master servers in the drop down under DMR Configuration to BM_3104_United_States. You may also need to re-enter your password as Pi-Star might remove the password when making configuration changes.

Bridge Connections:
OpenBridge: Please plan to move your connection by November 31st, 2021 by placing a ticket at https://suport.brandmeister.network. You will need to change the IP or Domain to the new server.

CBridge: Please plan to move your connection by November 31st, 2021 by placing a ticket at https://suport.brandmeister.network. You will need to change the inbound connection name to BM-US-3104.

XLX Servers: Please plan to move your connection by November 31st, 2021 by placing a ticket at https://suport.brandmeister.network. This move will require you to update the IP or domain name in your configuration. (XLXxxx 3104.repeater.net X).

YSF Reflectors: No Changes are needed on your end. Your connections have already been moved to BM3104.

NXDN Reflectors: No Changes are needed on your end. Your connections have already been moved to BM3104.

WiresX: No Changes are needed on your end. Your connections have already been moved to BM3104.

If you wish to distribute to others here is the PDF Version of this announcement which is also available on the USA Wiki - https://wiki.brandmeister.network/images/c/c3/Transition_to_3104_notice.pdf

N4KVE

Good info. I'll make the change now. Thanks!
I freak out every time I see your call, & think you’ve come back from the dead. WE4B used to belong to a good friend Robert Broderick. He used to work at the local ham radio store repairing radios that were out of warranty. He was grossly overweight, & probably weighed 600 pounds, but he’d give anybody the shirt off his back. He’s gone maybe 10 years now, & seeing his call reminds me of him, in case you are wondering who had your call before you.

WE4B

I freak out every time I see your call, & think you’ve come back from the dead. WE4B used to belong to a good friend Robert Broderick. He used to work at the local ham radio store repairing radios that were out of warranty. He was grossly overweight, & probably weighed 600 pounds, but he’d give anybody the shirt off his back. He’s gone maybe 10 years now, & seeing his call reminds me of him, in case you are wondering who had your call before you.

I did some research on him after getting the call. It seems that he was a really well liked gentleman and it's an honor to keep his call active and on the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.