Brandon, Ms PRO 106.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Help From Locals

I live in Cannon Ridge and can't get it working. Can I contact someone local for help?

Ernie

In order for the locals to help you, more information is needed. Here are a few things that need to be specified:

1) what agencies do you want to monitor since you have a mixture of "conventional" and "trunking" frequencies in Rankin county.

2) what type of software are you using for your Pro-106 (Win500, ARC 500, etc.)?

If you do find someone who has a Pro-106, it is possible to clone that radio into your own.

jamcdow

I live at the reservoir. I have a uniden and can pick up all the Rankin County trunked systems. Are you using any software to program your scanner? Has it ever worked? You need to provide a bit more info on what is happening.

Remo_Willams

Premium Subscriber
I have win500 and acr500. I want to get all of rankin county ( brandon, pearl, Flowood and so on.
It worked for a long time , I haven't messed with it lately but when Lee came through I turned it on and nothing.

Ernie

jamcdow

I would suggest deleting the Rankin system from your scanner and reloading the Rankin Trunked system. I know the frequencies listed on RR work fine, I have deleted and reloaded mine several times over the last few weeks in an attempt to solve a problem with reception on the Rankin system. I get a lot of static on my radio but I spoke with the person who does the live stream of Rankin county and he gets the same thing, although not as bad as mine.

If that doesn't help maybe we can try to get together and I'll see if I can help you.

Remo_Willams

Premium Subscriber
Sometimes it works like a champ. Sometimes it doesn't pick up anytingn. Looks like the signal is good sometimes and bad sometimes. Do I need a new scanner? Or is this normal?

Remo

Remo_Willams

Premium Subscriber
I have a RS pro 106 now. I live in Brandon, Ms. My 106 will work great sometimes then nothing for days. The live feed from the net is fine. So I'm thinking something is going on with my 106. Thinking about the gre800. What is on the market that I should look at? I don't mind spending a little more on a good product.

Remo

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Reception Issue

I have a RS pro 106 now. I live in Brandon, Ms. My 106 will work great sometimes then nothing for days. The live feed from the net is fine. So I'm thinking something is going on with my 106. Thinking about the gre800. What is on the market that I should look at? I don't mind spending a little more on a good product.

Remo

Since I own a PSR 500, I know the behavior of this radio quite well. Have you checked to see if the radio can pick up the weather broadcast in your area to rule out reception problems related to the antenna and/or BNC connection?

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Rule Out

It picks up the NWS

Well, that is good. I see where you have several posts about this radio in other areas. Let me review these before I respond. Since I've had problems with reception on my PSR 500, not picking up frequencies, I wanted to make sure the weather channel was coming in strong. Hence, it should have ruled out the BNC loosening issue some of us have with that radio.

Has this radio sustained some severe drops?

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Locals Not Responding

It picks up the NWS

I've been waiting to see if the locals will step in and help you on this matter, but I am not seeing this happening. Therefore, I will attempt to rule some things out.

Please, acknowledge:

1) have you loaded the latest firmware for your radio from RS?;
2) have you reloaded the trunking system for your county after re-banding.

I don't know if this re-banding process is still ongoing, but I doubt it.

So, I am dropping this hyperlink for you to review:
WIN500 - UtahRadio

This shows a Win500 radio system. Please, check to see that you have loaded the TSY and TG's like this.

Go to the page with the radio system you are trying to monitor. Then, see how far you are from the tower location. I see that your county is listed as a Simulcast. Since I don't know the terrain, I don't know how far you are from the tower location. I suspect you are not able to pick this up well.

I loaded the your trunking system into my Win500. When I reviewed the Trunking Table section, located at the far right of the screen, it showed "custom" with the roaming function set to off.

So, I am going to ask a really stupid question for those people who might be reading this post.

Here goes: "Does it help to change a Motorola Type II trunking system with one simulcast to "roam?" I have changed this setting on my radio with the thresholds set to 85 (hi) and 55 (lo), respectively in the past. In essence, I am asking for some help.

I sent you a Private Message.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.