Branford PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

leadjammer

I am no longer recieving the Branford, CT Police with my Home Patrol scanner. I was getting it fine until a couple of weeks ago. Has anyone had a similar problem? Have they changed frequencies? Thanks so much.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
make sure you have the frequency still set to digital as they transmit digitally. I was still getting them, haven't listened in the pas few days though. Also check your NAC to see if it was changed or not.

leadjammer

Branford, PD

Thanks so much for responding. Unfortunately with the Home Patrol nothing can be set or changed by me.
I have to depend on the radio reference downloads. On my Home Patrol Branford PD at 460.125 is completely silent. Something has changed because it was coming in loud and clear but I just can't figure it out. Everything else with the scanner is working fine. Very strange. Thanks very much for your time.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
More than likely the NAC may be wrong. If you have the programming software for the scanner you can change it. If not you will need to download the software. Unfortunately I don't have a HP-1 so I'm not familiar with it. I run Branford on my 996T (no NAC decode).

leadjammer

Branford, PD

My current NAC is 186. I don't know if that has changed. I don't have software so i have to rely on someone changing the RR database.I have no way of knowing what the different NAC would be if indeed there is a change. The current database shows 186 so I have to go with that one.
I really don't know what other problem there could be since the HP is working fine otherwise. This is a confusing problem. My only other thought is maybe there are broadcasting with less power if that is possible. Maybe I am out of range being in Hamden. If thats the case it changed in the last two or three weeks. Thanks for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.