• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Brangelina or Al Zarqawi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dangitdoug

I think there is is certain justice that the death of Al Zarqawi is the lead story today rather than the pictures of the Bratgelina baby. I am amazed at all the stories of the charity work that Jolie and Pitt do, then they turn around and sell pictures of their baby. Can you say GREED!!!! I would not mind at all if they stayed in Africa.

pslcrabber

Kid or no kid....I'd still hit that.I'd do it for free and then charge the media for info.

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
pslcrabber said:
Kid or no kid....I'd still hit that.I'd do it for free and then charge the media for info.
I'm happy for you and your feelings for Mr. Pitt. :lol:

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Database Admin
dangitdoug said:
I think there is is certain justice that the death of Al Zarqawi is the lead story today rather than the pictures of the Bratgelina baby. I am amazed at all the stories of the charity work that Jolie and Pitt do, then they turn around and sell pictures of their baby. Can you say GREED!!!! I would not mind at all if they stayed in Africa.
And those dweebs complain about the paparazzi.... the cause the problem because they don't appreciate their fan base nor do they know how to interact with their fan base unless they are hiding behind security or a phalanx of hired guns to keep them at arm's length....

unfortunately, until many of the "Nation Building" experts in Hollyweird learn that there needs to be some kind of established infrastructure their work is almost for naught because the people who need it most get the least....

rpowley

Although I not a hugh fan of Pitt-Jolie, I do applaud some of their charitable works. If you can helps those in need or less fortunate - go for it. I donate 20 - 25 hrs a week to a charitable cause because I feel strongly about it. I'm sure they feel that stongly about their causes. Still, the news groups got it right this time.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
unitcharlie said:
And those dweebs complain about the paparazzi....

They took the first pic's and sold them so others could not make money off them. They then gave all the money from the pics to a charity, What is wrong with this?

jellotor

...well, you know...some people have a hate on for them these days simply because they seem to be omnipresent in the media. As a (relatively unimportant) member of the media, I try my best to downplay Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie stories as much as I can.

But, of course, I fail. Sigh.

pslcrabber

Charity starts at Mi Casa!! Share the wealth!!

The only difference between a celebrity and me, is that they know their lines!

Status
Not open for further replies.