Branson PD and Stone County Sheriff on MOSWIN

Drkatzjr45

Senior Member - Emeritus
Premium Subscriber
I live in southern Taney County and frequently monitor Taney CO Sheriff’s Department, Hollister PD and MHP on MOSWIN.

I have a Uniden SDS200 and have my location set to receive sites up to 5 miles from my zip code in Taney CO.

My question for anyone who might know is this:

I am no longer hearing Branson PD or Stone CO Sheriff’s Department.

The sites I monitor are:

2. Hollister 700 - NAC: 1C6h 769.16875

3. Unknown 700 - NAC: 1C7h

I apologize if this has been addressed, but what happened to Branson and Stone CO?

Also: Has anyone in my area noticed a problem today on the sites I mentioned above, specifically MSHP South Dispatch 3 on the Branson site?

It seems a little “hit or miss” today.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Cairmot

Additional info, TCSD is running on their old FM system 155.430, with occasional multicast on moswin. Don't know why

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
Try increasing your distance to 10 or 15 miles.? You may get more radio traffic. Unless you are fine with what you are hearing.

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
WHat setting do you have for encrypted transmissions?
I think the SDS200 will usually not give any sound if the transmission is encr, but can be programmed to hear the "digital garbled" sound or even a "phone busy" sound. In other words, I wonder if both have gone encrypted.

Cairmot

TCSD is back on MOSWIN, heard there was some failure but can't confirm. Have not been able to find any info on line regarding the Taney county MOSWIN site operations on Friday. All seems normal now.

KA0KDW

There was a fiber cut in Jefferson City on Friday. Impacted MoSWIN across tue entire state. Many agencies went to tier back up systems. And many of the troops were on low hand more frequently than MoSWIN Friday. This outage also caused MSHP to go without CAD for many hours.

KA0KDW

I live in southern Taney County and frequently monitor Taney CO Sheriff’s Department, Hollister PD and MHP on MOSWIN.

I have a Uniden SDS200 and have my location set to receive sites up to 5 miles from my zip code in Taney CO.

My question for anyone who might know is this:

I am no longer hearing Branson PD or Stone CO Sheriff’s Department.

The sites I monitor are:

2. Hollister 700 - NAC: 1C6h 769.16875

3. Unknown 700 - NAC: 1C7h

I apologize if this has been addressed, but what happened to Branson and Stone CO?

Also: Has anyone in my area noticed a problem today on the sites I mentioned above, specifically MSHP South Dispatch 3 on the Branson site?

It seems a little “hit or miss” today.

Thanks.
There’s something confusing me about your post wotu what sites you monitor. Site 2 ajd 3 show same control channel. That may not be right. The state doesn’t have sites that close together using the same breach block.

KA0KDW

WHat setting do you have for encrypted transmissions?
I think the SDS200 will usually not give any sound if the transmission is encr, but can be programmed to hear the "digital garbled" sound or even a "phone busy" sound. In other words, I wonder if both have gone encrypted.
No undien scanners offer any settings for e encryption all Uniden’s from the 325P2/996/P2 through the SDS line mutes all encryption.

KA0KDW

There was a fiber cut in Jefferson City on Friday. Impacted MoSWIN across tue entire state. Many agencies went to tier back up systems. And many of the troops were on low hand more frequently than MoSWIN Friday. This outage also caused MSHP to go without CAD for many hours.
Would not be surprised if this is why you weren’t hearing them. Unless the issue with BPD and SCSO was prior to Friday morning.