Brantford Police available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggmann

I have been out of the scanner scene for about 15 years now and I am looking to get back into it. My question is, is it possible to listen to the Brantford police now? i know when I got out of it they stopped it so I was just curious on the current situation. Also if it IS possible to listen, what scanner do I need or what features to look for in a scanner.

Thank You
Ed

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Sorry but Brantford PS is running on an 800Mhz trunking system with Provoice as modulation.

Since there's no scanner that can decode Provoice, you're out of luck.

Brantford FS is on the same system and uses analog voice. You'll be able to listen to them.

Somebody did report a conventional, analog frequency that rebroadcasted Brantford PS but never could provide us with a frequency so the claim is doubtful.

hitman1303

Sorry but Brantford PS is running on an 800Mhz trunking system with Provoice as modulation.

Since there's no scanner that can decode Provoice, you're out of luck.

Brantford FS is on the same system and uses analog voice. You'll be able to listen to them.

Somebody did report a conventional, analog frequency that rebroadcasted Brantford PS but never could provide us with a frequency so the claim is doubtful.

Wow isn't trunking an old concept?? Or do alot of agency's still do trunking

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Trunking is still a relevant way for agencies and municipalities to transmit data and comms; the new industry standard these days seems to be Digital P25 comms, if they are in the clear you are ok with a digital scanner, if not you SOL. Brantford uses an EDACS system and all of their Police comms are encrypted, unscannable.

nova1010

biggmann if you really want to listen to Brantford PS I suggest you do ALOT of research before buying a LPE-200.

You don't want to waiste your money and end up buying the wrong thing.

Your going to need a 800mhz Edacs LPE-200 with option 29 for provoice.(their not cheap)

Then your going to have to get it programmed,I don't know any place that does it.

Heres a start LPE 200 - The RadioReference Wiki you can also search radioreference The RadioReference.com Forums - Search Results and this one Batboard • Index page and google.

Good luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.