Brazil site evidently storm damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ11DLN

Heard one of the Clay County Deputies call for a radio check shortly after the worst of the storm went through and say his radio was in Site Trunking. Since then only Clay County/Brazil PD traffic has been heard on the site. Bridgeton, Putnamville, and Vigo sites are active as usual and the latter at least is mirroring some of the Brazil Site traffic as it should. Those are the 4 that I can get at home since the tower came down this spring.

west-pac

It's normal for sites to go into Site Trunking occasionally. Site Trunking occurs when the tower site loses its T1 internet connection. Most likely there isn't any damage, and it's probably already back to fully functional status.

DJ11DLN

Right now it's still not carrying anything but local traffic, and Clay/Brazil traffic isn't showing on adjacent sites. Hopefully they will have it back on the net soon, it's kind of a jewel as far as adjacent site traffic goes. As electrical storms go, the ones yesterday evening and overnight were pretty spectacular here so I'm not surprised that there would be some interruptions.

FrostTheFox

Feed Provider
Right now it's still not carrying anything but local traffic, and Clay/Brazil traffic isn't showing on adjacent sites. Hopefully they will have it back on the net soon, it's kind of a jewel as far as adjacent site traffic goes. As electrical storms go, the ones yesterday evening and overnight were pretty spectacular here so I'm not surprised that there would be some interruptions.
Seems the Elkhart site might be in a similar boat, it seems very quiet compared to normal. Caught a Moto tech on their testing TG yesterday saying "Yeah, just got on the Elkhart tower so I'm in Site Trunking over here." Only receiving local traffic, nothing from SJC, ITR Concession or ISP like normal.

DJ11DLN

Been hearing several radio checks, just Dispatch to Deputies etc. Haven't heard any Moto techs. As of a few minutes ago it seems to be linked with Parke/Bridgeton and Putnamville again but not Vigo. At least those are carrying Brazil/Clay traffic, and it's carrying some of theirs. Must have been a lot of issues with the network, hopefully all will be back to normal before long.

EDIT: They just popped up on Vigo.

FrostTheFox

Feed Provider
Been hearing several radio checks, just Dispatch to Deputies etc. Haven't heard any Moto techs. As of a few minutes ago it seems to be linked with Parke/Bridgeton and Putnamville again but not Vigo. At least those are carrying Brazil/Clay traffic, and it's carrying some of theirs. Must have been a lot of issues with the network, hopefully all will be back to normal before long.

EDIT: They just popped up on Vigo.
Looks like someone kicked it here, too. Control channel switched to alternate for a couple minutes, back to primary and now hearing all the normal agencies.

KC9LQV

As of the moment, DSD+ shows Brazil as "islolated", and it's not appearing on Putnamville's peers on Unitrunker.

west-pac

When tower
As of the moment, DSD+ shows Brazil as "islolated", and it's not appearing on Putnamville's peers on Unitrunker.

I've never seen that before on DSD+. I guess I'll have to play around with P25 in DSD+ this weekend. Which screen is that on?

KC9LQV

The event log. When it's first started, it enumerates the peers for the site being monitored. I'd never seen it before, either.

Well, I tried to attach a screen shot, but the images on here are so lame it couldn't be read.

DJ11DLN

I just fired the scanners back up (had the HVAC guy here most of the day and they seemed to make him uncomfortable) and it seems to be back to normal now. Getting traffic from Parke, Putnam, Vigo, and Vermillion, plus intermittent Owen traffic and State agencies, which is what I usually get from that site. Brazil/Clay traffic too of course.

I guess it's fixed. I am going to have to delve into Unitrunker one of these days...I tried playing around with it a few years ago but didn't get anywhere. The problem is, I'm just barely smart enough to program the scanners!

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Pro96Com and Unitrunker can show you some very good data indeed. Been running them a lot to log UID's etc on the new IDPS Secure TG's for IMPD, MCSO, and the new S1-Tacs... That with catching voice announcements to "Go to XXXXXX", and "Control, patch XXXX and XXXY " then that TG popping live with the agency UID's.. Love it.

DJ11DLN

Pro96Com and Unitrunker can show you some very good data indeed. Been running them a lot to log UID's etc on the new IDPS Secure TG's for IMPD, MCSO, and the new S1-Tacs... That with catching voice announcements to "Go to XXXXXX", and "Control, patch XXXX and XXXY " then that TG popping live with the agency UID's.. Love it.
Which of those would you recommend for a borderline computer-illiterate old fart?

INDY72

Pro96Com is the easiest to set up and run. Be sure to check and see if your scanner is on the data streaming list for it.

DJ11DLN

Pro96Com is the easiest to set up and run. Be sure to check and see if your scanner is on the data streaming list for it.
Thanks, I will give it a try this weekend. Apparently everything modern I own except the 436 will work with it, and I only use that with the GPS for traveling. This may mean some new life for my Pro-197 if that much-discussed-but-not-yet-seen p.2 ever gets to my neck of the woods.

INDY72

TDMA is in the not to distant future. The big dogs that had to be tackled first were the new ASTRO-25 version upgrade, getting IDOC converted over to P25, and integrating FirstNET into the system. Expect the nice announcements that everyone needs to be TDMA capable within a year, then the slow transition. They had originally planned to get TDMA rolling by 2021, but that got pushed to back burner with the release of the new ASTRO-25 version, and the big push on FirstNET.... Now the push to get all the older radios off the net and replaced with newer gear will start.

west-pac

TDMA is in the not to distant future. The big dogs that had to be tackled first were the new ASTRO-25 version upgrade, getting IDOC converted over to P25, and integrating FirstNET into the system. Expect the nice announcements that everyone needs to be TDMA capable within a year, then the slow transition. They had originally planned to get TDMA rolling by 2021, but that got pushed to back burner with the release of the new ASTRO-25 version, and the big push on FirstNET.... Now the push to get all the older radios off the net and replaced with newer gear will start.

Speaking of IDOC, I was in New Castle yesterday, and their IDOC facility is still on the old Motorola type ii system. Although the CC I found was not one that was labeled as a CC or ACC, but the system ID was correct....7E1C. Their TGs were in the 2000's, but I did see a 65536g Call. I checked the peers on the New Castle SAFE-T site and didn't see any odd-ball or unknown sites that would've suggested the New Castle IDOC facility had switched to SAFE-T. From what I can tell, New Castle IDOC is the last facility on the old Motorola type ii system, according to the DB.

Status
Not open for further replies.