Brazoria County, TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarge43

Premium Subscriber
anyone have a new file for the Brazoria County Sheriff P25 system? The one listed does not have the S.O. or much of anything in it.

Thanks,
Sarge

Sarge43

Premium Subscriber
well none of us are hearing them or anyone else on the system now. So something has changed. I figured they went P25 or 700mhz. Maybe they just did a complete freq. change on 800?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
well none of us are hearing them or anyone else on the system now. So something has changed. I figured they went P25 or 700mhz. Maybe they just did a complete freq. change on 800?
The Brazoria County sites show as having rebanded.

david645

Reband @ txwarn clearlake area

yes on reband .... pro 164 now working.....seabrook/pct8/kemah are now better signal/audio wise. changed CC and change from normal to multi table..anyone with pro 97 any mods or tips (i know it is nonreband to a point) but receive intermiitent ......

Sarge43

Premium Subscriber
Ok talked to a county JP. he said freqs. have changed but still analog. so maybe the updated file in database is all we need.

mush0man

Premium Subscriber
yes on reband .... pro 164 now working.....seabrook/pct8/kemah are now better signal/audio wise. changed CC and change from normal to multi table..anyone with pro 97 any mods or tips (i know it is nonreband to a point) but receive intermiitent ......

I entered all the frequencies into an older Uniden ( cant remember the model right now ) for the Alvin site. I can hear most of the conversations. I think there may be two channels that will not trunktrack. Other sites may be the same.

Sarge43

Premium Subscriber
ok I need to load a pro 2096 and a BCT15. I see there are two different files for TX wide area system. Which one do I need or do I need to load both? I do like to see the talkgroups displayed.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Um, by two files, I guess you mean the TxWarn Motorola and TxWarn P25? They are both active and carry different things. Brazoria has TGs on both, but the majority of the county is still on the analog one (TxWarn Motorola). That said, neither of the radios you mentioned (Pro-2096 or BCT15) are going to do you much good with the P25 system. The BCT15 isn't a digital capable scanner and the 2096 cannot trunk track in the 700 MHz spectrum. Both, however, are reband capable radios and can handle the current rebanding (now almost complete) happening on the analog system.

I am not sure how the 15 implements the change, but if you are using Win96 for the 2096, just choose MultiTable in the 3600 bps section and when the next window pops up, choose the 800 reband bullet, the software will take care the entry for you. Download the new site frequencies and get back to scanning.

bpckty1

What about manually reprogramming a Pro-96? I've tried to enter the info on the multi-table form, but the scanner will accept only one, not two tables. Am I missing a step?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
What about manually reprogramming a Pro-96? I've tried to enter the info on the multi-table form, but the scanner will accept only one, not two tables. Am I missing a step?
Per this page in the Wiki, and this forum post, software is required, since more than one table has to be updated. Of course, as Lou noted, if & when Brazoria moves to the P25 system (there's a couple talkgroups over there now-Lake Jackson & Holiday Lakes Fire), then the Pro-96 will be unable to handle the 700MHz Angleton site.

dieselwiezil

Premium Subscriber
I have got BCSO working, Alvin services are coming in, Manvel and Pearland are not coming in and they are the most important because thats where I live. I added in ALL Brazoria county frequencies in bank 0 and all my alpha tags are on 0 as well. I have a PRO 164 and im using WIN97 vol.36 for programming. Any of you Pearland guys get it picking up?

ihave all of BCSO,ALVIN,PEARLAND,MANVEL channels coming in but the only way i could trunk track them was to use the alvin/dickenson site and 800 freq thats the only way there is any audio when i use the pearland freqs and their site the talk groups lock in but no audio. it sux for me to cause when i get into manvel pearland area can hardly get signal from the alvn site

bpckty1

Looks llike a new scanner is in the future. But, at least there are some conventional activity in my neck of the woods (VFDs, DPS, HPD, businesses, etc.).
:^(

dieselwiezil

Premium Subscriber
This is so irritating I cant get this thing to work for Pearland/Manvel. I have loaded all Brazoria County frequencies and loaded all alpha tags and Id's and all I get is static when Pearland keys down, no audio. Any help would be appreciated!

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
This is so irritating I cant get this thing to work for Pearland/Manvel. I have loaded all Brazoria County frequencies and loaded all alpha tags and Id's and all I get is static when Pearland keys down, no audio. Any help would be appreciated!
Do you have the site(s) set as Motorola rebanded, with the custom band plan entered?

Edit to add: This has to be done with software. More here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.