Brazos County TXWARN Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
Just heard a number of units and both College Station and Bryan/Brazos County dispatch saying the radios were down and that the radios were giving a "SAFE TRUNKING" notification. It appears that all sites are up and running and carrying traffic, but a radio tech mentioned that all radios were only affiliating with the Verizon (121) site, and would not affiliate with any of the other sites. Also, both the SO VHF patch (155.415) and Brazos County VFD (155.940) are down.

UPDATE: All sites and radios functioning correctly at 1230.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Just heard a number of units and both College Station and Bryan/Brazos County dispatch saying the radios were down and that the radios were giving a "SAFE TRUNKING" notification. It appears that all sites are up and running and carrying traffic, but a radio tech mentioned that all radios were only affiliating with the Verizon (121) site, and would not affiliate with any of the other sites. Also, both the SO VHF patch (155.415) and Brazos County VFD (155.940) are down.

UPDATE: All sites and radios functioning correctly at 1230.

It should have said "Site Trunkung", not "Safe Trunking", which means they lost connectivity to the Master Site.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
It should have said "Site Trunkung", not "Safe Trunking", which means they lost connectivity to the Master Site.

That's what it probably was. I just misunderstood what they were saying at the time. It was a brief outage, but dispatch was saying that both their main and backup base radios were down, and they were using handhelds. I'm not sure what happened, but it sounded like some sort of site affiliation problem, since all sites were running fine and carrying traffic the entire time. The tech that came on the air said that if the radios were out of range of 121, they wouldn't work.

motorola_otaku

Premium Subscriber
That's what it probably was. I just misunderstood what they were saying at the time. It was a brief outage, but dispatch was saying that both their main and backup base radios were down, and they were using handhelds. I'm not sure what happened, but it sounded like some sort of site affiliation problem, since all sites were running fine and carrying traffic the entire time. The tech that came on the air said that if the radios were out of range of 121, they wouldn't work.
TxWARN sites going into Site Trunking? Nah, that never happens.

Sounds like losing the T1 took down their wireline consoles, then their backups roamed over to the nearest networked site.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
Actually, this is the second time in less than a month that we've had issues around here. In December, Site 122 went down, forcing College Station dispatchers to use handhelds.

Status
Not open for further replies.