Brea Canyon Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

quixote0

For those new to the area, let me welcome you to a Santa Ana Fire Event. With that out of the way, there is a new fire being reported, I got it from Diamond Bar/Walnut/San Dimas Sheriffs Department TAC channel (483.23750) and they are now trying to contact the CHP to close the 57. North at Lambert and South at the 60. They're also going to close Brea Canyon Cutoff from Central in Brea and from Diamond Bar Blvd on the North end. Unable to scan the proper frequency for fire, as there is too many fires to keep track, I have been listening to the LACSD - Diamond Bar Sub-Station talking about the fact that there are oil and gas lines throughout the Tonner Canyon area.

kd6ecz

If anyone is near a TV, both Channels 4 and 9 are showing live coverage of the Brea and Yorba Linda fires right now.

I woke up this morning to radio traffic here in San Bernardino County about fires in the Chino Hills area. I had no idea how bad the situation had gotten until I turned the TV on about 20 minutes ago.

quixote0

This is a quick note that the Sheriff's Department on this incident have changed to Mutual Aid 3 483.78750

quixote0

Per Mutual Aid 3 483.78750 -- Five Strike Teams en route and CP being setup at Diamond Bar High School on Pathfinder Rd. in Diamond Bar.

CharlesDom

I'm watching this in TV as well. It's amazing to watch that huge DC-10 make drops. I'm not close enough to see it in person but it's still amazing to watch it on TV.

However I am close enough to listening to all of the emergency responses on my scanners, including the firefighting aircraft. Lots to listen to today.

Status
Not open for further replies.