Breaking News - Persuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Was it a pursuit or training? HAWC has been doing a lot of training the past few days in SE Calgary. Especially the Erin Woods area and Foothills Industrial.

DX-300

It appeared serious as something had been going on at the gas station nearby as there was an ambulance and police arriving at scene earlier and I happened to hear them later chasing a vehicle in my near vicinity on the radio, the only weird thing was the announcing ceased at one point and didn't continue on.

Last edited:

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Are you sure you're not listening to surveillance? There's a new surv channel I've heard lately.. following a vehicle can sound like a pursuit.

Jay911

Feed Provider
I put it in the Police Special Units section of the 753f DB. Group is 49680.

I believe it is an auto theft task force. It's unusual to hear them do this stuff in the clear, though.

Jay911

Feed Provider
What site is it on? You wouldn't by chance be able to run UT on it for a bit and see which radio IDs are affiliating to the channel, would you? The only site I can pick up for UT-ing here is Spy Hill, and that TG never affiliates here.

DX-300

I'm listening to it on Site #004 Fish Creek. Unfortunately I'm not set up with UT yet but I'm debating dc tap surgery on my old 785D.

Jay911

Feed Provider
Ah okay. For what it's worth, if the 785 is the same chassis as the 796 (I forget if it's internally similar), the tap point is fairly easy.

I lied, by the way - I see my UT setup caught one affiliation at ~16:25 from a CPS special units portable.

Are they talking auto theft again today? If so, I would be willing to guess this is the High Enforcement Auto Theft Team (HEATT), who I heard rumors would be picking up the pace around July/Stampede time.

DX-300

They seemed to be following a vehicle around Heritage Drive, the chatter was not unlike the last pursuit there with HAWC 1, but also, more so, like slow surveillance along with the typical lingo you would hear on one of the "Common" channels eg. he's in the #2 lane, or V1, V2 for the car(s)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.