Breaking news!

Status
Not open for further replies.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I'm one of the "patient" ones here that has defended the "wait and see" approach, but I must say UPMan, this is getting a little old now. I understand from a marketing point of view to not let your intentions known and the element of surprise will add to the excitement, but from one of the long time customers here, if Uniden has no intention of releasing NXDN updates for x36p brand of scanners, just let us know. On the other hand, if something is in the works, you'd spark alot more interest and could possibly increase sales with the pending release. Checking avatars, "code words" and all the other "hints" is really getting old. Whistler has released an update, NXDN Trunking appears to be working based upon the lack of complaints I've been reading, so I think it's Uniden's turn to blaze the trail and maybe come out with an upgrade for all the models or something along those lines.

bobmich52

I'm one of the "patient" ones here that has defended the "wait and see" approach, but I must say UPMan, this is getting a little old now. I understand from a marketing point of view to not let your intentions known and the element of surprise will add to the excitement, but from one of the long time customers here, if Uniden has no intention of releasing NXDN updates for x36p brand of scanners, just let us know. On the other hand, if something is in the works, you'd spark alot more interest and could possibly increase sales with the pending release. Checking avatars, "code words" and all the other "hints" is really getting old. Whistler has released an update, NXDN Trunking appears to be working based upon the lack of complaints I've been reading, so I think it's Uniden's turn to blaze the trail and maybe come out with an upgrade for all the models or something along those lines.

Well said

troymail

Silent Key
Based on sales pitches and early announcements of features that were either slow to materialize (if at all) and the constant "are we there yet", I'm not surprised Paul isn't saying anything. An ETA of anything is not a good idea unless you're certain when it will happen; and "never say never" applies as well - things change.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Troy you have a valid point Iam not a fanboy of either as I own and use scanners built by GRE Uniden and Whistler as I have said before I buy to fit a need/want and I wish Uniden would release NXDN for the x36's and or 996P2's that way I could add NXDN logging and recording to my PROSCAN rack which could lead to another 536 or 996P2 for me to buy.

W4ELL

Feed Provider
Pure speculation on my part but I think there is a possibility that Uniden may release a new scanner with NXDN instead of upgrades for their current models. I know that isn't what a lot of us want to hear but Whistler released NXDN with a new scanner so I don't think it is out of the question for Uniden to do the same. I hope I am wrong. :)

Staying on topic... I don't have a problem with Paul dropping hints the way that he does before a release. I think we have all gotten used to him giving us information before it hits the official channels and I am happy that he even takes the time to do it. Unfortunately, it is a double-edged sword... it can spur interest before a product's release but it can also cause unrest when the people don't get information as fast as they think they should.

Just my 2 cents.

troymail

Silent Key
Pure speculation on my part but I think there is a possibility that Uniden may release a new scanner with NXDN instead of upgrades for their current models

Nah. If anything, I'd say:

- licensing issues, or
- they're having trouble making it work, or
- busy fixing other things that already don't work (been lots of that)

SOFA_KING

Or:

- Finishing up the same PV and DMR rollout for the HP-2 for another quick and easy cash profit without doing really anything "new".

That's my guess. Going for the easy money and leaving the tough work, like NXDN, behind.

Phil

ShyFlyer

Premium Subscriber
Movie theaters go dark just before the feature presentation.

Or since it changed just after this thread was created, he changed it to something neutral since "Breaking News" was obsolete.

Also, he could be Batman.

mharris

Premium Subscriber
Maybe they are releasing a new scanner that handles LSM.....tehehehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is key. Much of the USA has or will have simulcast systems. This issue needs to be fixed before anything else. For many hobbyist, portable scanning is no longer possible and fixed location requires a directional antenna to get reasonable performance.

gary123

Uniden has more than one programmer. Im sure IF they are woeking on NXDN that they will have a team working on it while another team continues to work on the now reletively minor issues with DMR.

wise871

Database Admin
Here we are in May and the Avatar rumor turned into a big fat nothing.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Here we are in May and the Avatar rumor turned into a big fat nothing.

Just do what I and many others have done. If you want NXDN, pick up a TRX-1 or TRX-2. Yes it's Whistler, definitely a learning curve, but have enjoyed the challenge. Analog, Phase 1 and Phase 2 Digital Trunking, MotoTRBO and now NXDN...yep, I have it covered here. Don't need to play any more guessing games.

SCPD

QRT
Good guess see the 536/436 discounted and if you play the apply for Walmart credit card and pick up at store you can get a 536 under 340.00

Maybe they are releasing a new scanner that handles LSM.....tehehehe

ansky

This is key. Much of the USA has or will have simulcast systems. This issue needs to be fixed before anything else. For many hobbyist, portable scanning is no longer possible and fixed location requires a directional antenna to get reasonable performance.

This is definitely something I would pay for. I would never buy a new scanner until LSM is fixed. My HP-2 is useless on these simulcast systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.