Breaking News

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
I have been asked by the moderators not to post further breaking news events here, there are lots of other sources for those type events in Colorado if your interested and I would suggest you check those out.

The challenge for me becomes breaking news events like last nights flooding, the Denver crane incident or the Loveland Swat that were also excellent monitoring events at the same time either directly or on-line.

I personally will withhold posting those on RR until further guidence is received from the moderators.

But you need to remember subscription to the MNN list is free, and we post all of those without moderation.

mnn-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Thanks
Jim< MNN-001
Mountain NewsNet, Inc

PS: I think Colorado get's picked on because we are the 2nd most active state forum, by far, keep it up guys!

Last edited:

funcritter

Now that decision by the mods I think is a bad one. I always looked forward to reading what I miseed while I was at work or sleeping. I think there is even less reason for me to visit these forums now.

lostguy

funcritter said:
Now that decision by the mods I think is a bad one. I always looked forward to reading what I miseed while I was at work or sleeping. I think there is even less reason for me to visit these forums now.
I totally agree ! Jim i will miss all the updates.

papaelk

I dont see what the problem is in posting breaking news here. what does it hurt? Jim and All: Your updates will truely be miss :-(

Scan-Denver

This is a bummer !

The Colorado forum was another outlet for major breaking events and for more than one monitoring to keep us all up to date on what's happening. As you all know, not everyone picks up everything all the time and with several monitoring and reporting what is heard - we would all be able to keep up to date on the action.

I hope the moderators and Lindsay will reconsider this decision.

Yes Colorado has alot of traffic on this forum because there are many of us who enjoy listening to our scanners and appreciate being alerted to major breaking events and if possible, where to tune in to the action online.

Perhaps snnet.org will look into purchasing v-bulletin software such as is used here and allow posts of breaking events. Not trying to take away from this site in any way, just providing the outlet that was once allowed here.

Again I hope this decision is reconsidered for all the members who frequent the CO forum.

pinetree

Your news posts will be something that I will miss. Although I am many miles away I like to read what is happening in other areas posted by those who are there and scanning these events and not by a biased news media. There is a lot of stuff that is posted on this site that should be removed, this news is not one of them.

M

mpg0515

I guess my question for moderators, why? I also guess I have no reason to be a "premium subscriber" anymore.....

JoeyC

mpg0515 said:
I guess my question for moderators, why? I also guess I have no reason to be a "premium subscriber" anymore.....

Probably because there are numerous notifications systems already out there.

You don't need to be a premium member to read the forums.

M

mpg0515

JoeyC said:
Probably because there are numerous notifications systems already out there.

You don't need to be a premium member to read the forums.

Are there too many notification systems? No... What is one more? The main reason that I provided money to this site was to support the forums and the database. Like I said there is no reason for me to do that anymore. I'll just read them for free without giving support. Thanks for coming to the Colorado forum and giving your BS excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.