Breaking News

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlmacd

Apartment Fire 400 W Central Wichita. AP1, E1, E21, E2, E22, Bat 1, 183,. 183 advising light code 2, small fire on balcony, checking for extension.

racen7

Whats the big deal there fires all over our country. Lets stick to radio stuff.
Racen7

thrace_merin

There was a breaking events thread in here somewhere, but i think only rick521 was actually posting things to it and he seems to habe stopped so it's dropped down quite a bit. The original poster did however post that news in the correct forum.

racen7

Like I said fires happen everyday. If it happens to me I sure wont post it on here.
Dont get me wrong I dont wish anyone to have a fire that includes you. Its just a funny place to post a fire. I could fill this form with all the fires that happen in my part of the state but I dont.
Racen7

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
If there's a big incident, I think it's safe to post. But a small fire on a porch? Can't imagine that is of interest to anyone - especially on a scanner forum...

TenRingMike

FWIW I agree. I don't want to discourage anyone from posting ANYTHING, but I just don't see why anyone would be interested in a grass fire halfway across the state. A major explosion, multiple fatality car wreck, etc., would be different. Again, no offense intended, it just seems to not serve any real purpose unless it's major.

rdale

Premium Subscriber
I think what people are saying is that if posts are not appropriate for the topic (scanning discussions) then don't post. That's why we have rules...

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
rescue4kicks said:
If you don't like what someone else is posting, then don't read it!

WRONG ANSWER

This is not the breaking news network

People are speaking up because we dont want this site to turn to **** like many others have in the past.

This is a great source for scanner info.

Maybe there should be a new forum called Breaking news for stuff like that or just post it in the tavern

Last edited:

thrace_merin

This is getting out of hand, many state forums have a breaking news thread, in fact the one in the Maryland forum is one of the most active threads on the entire BB, now maybe he should have found the one in this forum, but regardless it's certainly not against the rules and you guys all being jerks doesn't make it so.

rdale

Premium Subscriber
Nobody is being a jerk here... He made a mistake, it was pointed out, but instead of people staying away and letting it drop they jumped on the "people can post whatever they want here" bandwagon. This is not related to scanners, so it is against the rules. Exceptions are made for major events, but a pile of leaves burning on somebody's back porch doesn't qualify ;>

rick521

Colorado Solution

I like what Lindsey did in the Colorado. Seems to be a good solutions. I suspect it would even work in KS.

rick521

Wichita Live Feed

tlmacd said:
Apartment Fire 400 W Central Wichita. AP1, E1, E21, E2, E22, Bat 1, 183,. 183 advising light code 2, small fire on balcony, checking for extension.

Is there a live feed running in Wichita now. Makes a big difference if you can post an incident with the link for people to listen to it.

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
dave3825 said:
People are speaking up because we dont want this site to turn to **** like many others have in the past.

With language like that tough to tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.