Breaks In Scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRFD-118

Quick question, I recently bought a Uniden BCT8 Trucking scanner. I have all the TAC channels programmed in as talk groups since it is a Motorola Smart net system. The way I have the Scanner set up is that all the dispatch channels are channel one and all the channels there after corresponds with the TAC channels. For example if the dispatcher says got to TAC 3 all I have to do is turn my scanner to channel 3. The other day a call went out and I switched to channel 3 but it seemed like I was only catching parts of the conversation. Does anyone have any ideas? Is it bad reception or what?

Thanks

JoeyC

Without seeing your programming its almost impossible to say.
Is the system programmed correctly as a trunked system?
If it is, you would not be turning your scanner channel selector to "channel" 3 when switching to TAC 3, you would be selecting the associated LIST position where you stored the TAC 3 talkgroup.

Tweekerbob

Make sure your priority (I think it shows as "PRI" on the display) is turned off; as in you won't see it on the display. Otherwise it could be a multitude of issues, including poor reception.

BRFD-118

Without seeing your programming its almost impossible to say.
Is the system programmed correctly as a trunked system?
If it is, you would not be turning your scanner channel selector to "channel" 3 when switching to TAC 3, you would be selecting the associated LIST position where you stored the TAC 3 talkgroup.

My Programming is as Follows

Bank 1
List 1
1-1 38128 (Roanoke City, Va. Dispatch 1)
1-2 37424 (^^TAC 2)
1-3 37456 (^^TAC 3)
1-4 37488 (^^TAC 4)
List 2
2-1 64400 (Roanoke County, Va. Dispatch 1)
2-2 64368 (^^TAC 2)
2-3 64336 (^^TAC 3)
2-4 64304 (^^TAC 4)
2-5 64272 (^^TAC 5)
2-6 64240 (^^TAC 6)
2-7 64208 (^^TAC 7)

The way i work my scanner is i L/O all channel except the to dispacth channels. When a call goes out that interset me i switch to the proper TAC channel assigned. The problem is that when i switch to that TAC channel it seems like im getting bits of the conversation. just a FYI when ever voice comes over the scanner it is in a good quality sound so i dont think it is a reception issue.

Thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.