Breaks in Transmissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

mes911

What would cause 1 to 2 second breaks in almost all transmissions? I have a BCD396XT programmed with both conventional and digital trunked frequencies. Could this be a setting issue with the scanner or is this something inherent with the radio system itself?

Highpockets

What would cause 1 to 2 second breaks in almost all transmissions? I have a BCD396XT programmed with both conventional and digital trunked frequencies. Could this be a setting issue with the scanner or is this something inherent with the radio system itself?

One of your priority settings is enabled that will usually cause breaks in transmissions.

dd364

I don't have this radio but if it's like the rest you might what to check your priority settings.The receiver pauses to check for activity that is set for priority.

mikemsu1

Absolutely priority setting....where are ya FLRAILMAN? haha I had the same issue when messing with my BCT15 at first. It was actually my first post on RR! I had the WX priority on. Honestly...I don't understand the "priority" functions purpose if it ruins all other monitoring of transmissions on the fly...

My inquiry about the same issue you are having:

http://forums.radioreference.com/ge...-hear-me-now-squelch-break-how-about-now.html

Last edited:

code3cowboy

It depends on what constitutes a "break" in your eyes. You may be hearing an extender, or you may be hearing someone who is dropping in and out of coverage, or your receiver may being overpowered. Alternately there could be a problem with your radio system.

What specifically are you hearing/seeing?

mes911

Thanks for all of your responses. It was the weather priority set to "ON". I'll also be sure to search the FAQ's on this site before posting. Thanks again.

Mike

SCPD

QRT
Annoying, eh? I've had this issue for nearly 3/4 of a year without knowing why or how to prevent it. I thought I had a bad scanner until 1-2 weeks ago :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.