Brevard County, help programming PSR-600

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamawolfe2

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for reading my post. I've been able to programme my PSR-600 with BCSO, Cocoa/Rockledge and
BCFR with no problems. I'm unable to hear Melbourne or Palm Bay and need some help. Would appreciate any assistance.
Thanks.
Don W4GCW

Radio3

Psr 600

I'm not in Fla., but I have a PSR 800, and I've found when I can't get an agency, I try going into the systems option and reload the systems. Usually it'll work once you do that. Hope it works out for you.

Radio3

Psr 600

I've found that when you go into the programming mode and go down the tree to "systems" and download these, it usually gets those other frequencies going. Good luck with it.

DickH

Thanks for reading my post. I've been able to programme my PSR-600 with BCSO, Cocoa/Rockledge and
BCFR with no problems. I'm unable to hear Melbourne or Palm Bay and need some help. Would appreciate any assistance.
Thanks.
Don W4GCW

If you put in the right sites you should hear them. Palm Bay is on site 003 with about 50 talk groups listed. Rockledge is site 002.

iamawolfe2

Premium Subscriber
Help

If I understanding what you are saying, Rockledge PD is being transmited through the site in Palm Bay and Palm Bay is being transmited through the Rockledge site? I can hear both Cocoa and Rockledge fine.
I'll try what you suggest and see what happens. Thanks.

lsh1885

This system doesn't have a simulcast site like a lot of Motorola systems do, like we do here in Orange County. I think the Brevard County Talkgroups are heard on all sites, but for example Titusville can only be heard on the North system.

iamawolfe2

Premium Subscriber
Help

I'm using Win500. I think part of my problem is that the agancy I want to monitor is out of my range.
It's an EDACS system and as I understand it the range isn't that great. Nothing at all like the old days.
Thanks for responding.
Don

iamawolfe2

Premium Subscriber
If I understanding what you are saying, Rockledge PD is being transmited through the site in Palm Bay and Palm Bay is being transmited through the Rockledge site? I can hear both Cocoa and Rockledge fine.
I'll try what you suggest and see what happens. Thanks.
I know my reply to your post is confusing, I was using a print out that didn't have the sites list in the same order ar they are on the web page. When I went back to the web site for a closer look I was able
to see my error. I think my problem is that Palm Bay is out of range for me. I'm mainly interested in the SO and they are transmitted from all sites so I just loaded the frequencies from the site closest to me.
This EDACS system is new to me and I really don't have a good understanding of it yet.
Thanks again for your reply.
Don

lsh1885

The range doesn't matter as long as you can receive the control channel of the site the talkgroup operates on, I am going to guess Palm Bay is on site 3. If you live in Brevard why don't you program all 4 sites into your scanner that way you have it all covered. I live in East Orange County (near Bithlo), I can receive site 1 (Titusville) but I am out of range of the other 3 sites. I have a PSR-800 with a radio shack 800 MHZ antenna.

iamawolfe2

Premium Subscriber
Help

I didn't know you could do that. Must I start with site 1 and continue through to 4 or if I already have site 3
loaded just add the other three? I'm guessing I can't receive the control channel because I don't hear anything at all.
Thanks for your reply.
Don

lsh1885

Are you using software? If so there should be a check box for all sites, the fact that one site is already in there should not matter. If you are in Melbourne it is hard to believe you cannot receive any of the 4 sites there. I can pick-up the Titusville site (site 1) here in Orange County about 30 miles or so away. I don't think there is much difference in the receive capabilities of the PSR-600 and the PSR-800 which is what I have here.

lsh1885

One more thing in modern scanners of today you really don't hear the control channel anymore. I guess if you wanted to hear it you would have to do a frequency search.

iamawolfe2

Premium Subscriber
Help

Thanks again for your imput. I've got a lot to learn about these new smart scanners. The first scanner I had was a Sonar that was crystal controlled and it sure was easy to use, just turn it on and it worked.
I appreciate your suggestions and will give them a try. I was under the impression that these EDACS systems used low power and for anybody to be able to monitor them, you had to use the site near you.

I'm using Win500 software to program the scanner. I noticed that each time I download a system and entered SAVE, I ended up with several files instead of just one. Like I said, I've got a lot to learn.
Thanks,
Don

lsh1885

I used WIN500 when I use to have the PSR-500 that I sold when I bought the PSR-800. I can't speak in general terms, but Volusia County uses EDACS and has a very powerful signal, I can pick up both sites (East & West) here in Orange County very well. Before rebanding they had some of the same frequencies that the Osceola system had (Motorola). The Volusia system would overwhelm the Osceola system to the point of it being almost impossible to monitor. The garbled sound of two transmissions at the same time on the same frequency and the annoying EDACS beeps. I don't if you have ever heard an EDACS transmission that wasn't being trunktracked?

JSTARS03

Monitor
Premium Subscriber
Brevard

If you want to listen to Palm Bay PD you have to monitor the
Palm Bay site, if you want Melbourne PD you have to use
the Melbourne site. BCSO is on all sites.
If Win500 offers a free trial you can send me your profile
for me to look at. I can make sure you have it programmed correctly.
I monitor the Brevard system everyday.

JSTARS03

Status
Not open for further replies.