brevard county pro 164 users

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if anyone has the same talk banks programmed as I do? my question here is I just seem to miss alot of the conversations I am trying to follow. my scanner works great and trunks but I am not sure which bank is what. for example I took it to radio shack and it was programmed by them and the print out they gave me didnt help at all bank # 5 seems to be palm bay but I can here merritt island on it and the beaches. I have found the correct talk group IDs here on RR and bank 7 trunks also but never says anything
they have banks 3,4,5,6,7 programmed with stuff but I only here stuff on bank 5. they used scancat lite software to program it and I think it needs to be done again correctly I just think they didnt do it right and I couldnt tell right in the store if it was fixed or not. this is not my first scanner I had a pro 94 for 4 years that I programmed myself and it worked just fine I could go anywere in the county and listen to every thing..... but now things have changed and I am a bit lost with all the new names on the scanner like ATT ,G, TUNE and even reading the manual over and over just dont help at all.. can any one can help with this issue I am sure everyone would be relieved that is having a problem with this scanner.. I have followed every ones advice on how to work the features with this scanner and I still cant even type in a TG ID like BCSO 01-012 no matter how I go about it, it just wont do it ... I must be doing something wrong ...

N1BHH

I assume that you have all the frequencies programmed into your scanner in the proper LCN order as shown on this link: Brevard County Trunking System, Brevard County, Florida - Scanner Frequencies
What the store probably did was input some generic information and you should actually first, learn how to program it yourself, yes it takes time, but just do it. You really want to be able to program on the fly.

Second get Win97 and the appropriate cable and download from the radio to your computer and figure out what you really want to do. There are many talk groups which go unused in many systems. I don't go nuts putting them in, I just let the talk groups activate and hit the Trunk button every time to store it. Later I can go back and label them appropriately.

Win 97 is the best programming tool for your radio, I use it all the time.
Win97 - Data Management Software for the PRO-97, PRO-2055, PSR-300, PSR-400, PRO-164, and PRO-163 Scanners

N8IAA

I must be doing something wrong ...
Not you, RS. They use ScanCat lite to program GRE scanners. And they usually program the correct info in the wrong way. I know of only two RS stores in my metro area that actually use Win97 and Win500 to program the scanners. Follow Clyde's advice and get Win97. But, before you program the scanner, re-initialize it. Follow the directions in the owners manual. It will reset the radio back to its original settings. Then program the radio with the software. Make sure that you get the USB programming cable: part # 20-047. Depending on what kind of OS you are using on the pc, you may need to update the drivers.
HTH,
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.