Brevard County Sheriff's Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

cja1987

Premium Subscriber
Hi,

I'm in Cape Canaveral for the next two months and I'am interested in monitoring BCSO. I have a GRE PSR-500, I have never programmed an EDACS system before but it seems easy enough. My question is, what would I want to put in for my area. Do I need to put in all the sites Melbourne, Palm Bay, Rockledge, Titusville or just the closest. Closest is Rockledge I think.

I found a listing of the talkgroups but am not entirely, do I put in the AFS or DEC?

Also anyone familiar with the area/BCSO know what talkgroups are used for operations around Cape Canaveral, Cocoa Beach? I dont necessarily need to hear the entire county just trying to figure out what would cover my "backyard" first and go from there. I dont know much about how BCSO is set up and who covers where so any help would be greatly appreciated.

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
Yes, Florida's sure to be different than Massachusetts! Hopefully, you'll find out that we in Florida
are a little more laid back and possibly not quite as crazy. ;D

The majority of Brevard's traffic occurs on just a few talkgroups.
Brevard 1, north/west area, group 137 (all groups are in decimal)
Brevard 2, east area, group 138
Brevard 3, south area, group 139
North Ops group 153
East Ops group 154
West Ops group 155
South Ops group 220
Supervisor group 142
M/A tac 1 group 141
Teletype (can get boring but it's pretty busy when they're active) group 140
Countywide, group 161

The county has not yet executed the rebanding switchover. So the current frequencies listed in the
database are correct.

Elroy

KI4LIV

Premium Subscriber
Did you get that rig programmed for Brevard? If you're hand-programming, I feel for you, but if you're using some of Starrsoft's applications and need some assistance, let me know!

cja1987

Premium Subscriber
Did you get that rig programmed for Brevard? If you're hand-programming, I feel for you, but if you're using some of Starrsoft's applications and need some assistance, let me know!

Yes, I got it all programmed!

I did do it by hand which was a pain, one of these days I will look into using software just don't have the motivation now.

I've been listening to mostly Brevard County SO, Fire, Cocoa Beach PD, etc. It's easy to add talkgroups once you have everything in. As of now I only have the Rockledge tower programmed in which has allowed me to hear everything I'm interested in.

Thanks to all for your help/offers of help!

ElroyJetson

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know the group assignment for "tac 2" that the BCSO is using? I heard them say to switch to tac 2 (from alert 4) this morning. I don't have any data on what group (or conventional channel, maybe) that could be.

Elroy

KI4LIV

Premium Subscriber
Elroy,

Was it definitely BCSO traffic? Tac 2 sounds like something maybe BCFR is using, and I believe they have access to the Alert talkgroups.

ElroyJetson

Premium Subscriber
I did find the appropriate group assignments, for tac 1 and tac 2. They're correct on the east central florida scanner page.

These aren't the alert talkgroups. Those are different. (All four of them.) I'm a well-experienced
veteran of Brevard's system, but this was the first time I'd heard reference to a tac 1 or tac 2 talkgroup
on a SO talkgroup. And there is no doubt that that's where I heard the reference because I don't
mix and match agencies while scanning.

As a point of interest, every radio on Brevard's system, no matter who it's issued to, will have at least
these six talkgroups programmed into it:

Alert 1
Alert 2
Alert 3
Alert 4
EOC
Countywide

This ensures that any two users, no matter who they are or what agency in the county they work for,
can communicate with each other directly or get direct assistance in the event of an emergency.

Elroy

KI4LIV

Premium Subscriber
Not sure if a P97 file can be converted, but if it can, I'll be happy to share it with ya.

TANGKAK

I'll have to check if there is a way to convert. I have my first scanner and I used this website to program my scanner, but there are tons of talk groups that I have no idea what they are.
I'd like to listen to;
Brevard County Sheriff/Helicopter
Brevard County Fire Rescue
Beach Police and Fire Rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.