Brevard County Where Did They GO

Status
Not open for further replies.

wd4fpu

Premium Subscriber
Forgive me all, I guess I haven't stayed up...I know the massive amount of radio traffic coming from the radio tech's of late which I knew something is up. BUT WHAT HAS HAPPENED? Can someone enlighten this old man please? I would ready appreciate it as I am a security office here in the are and listen 24/7.

Instead of relying on independent towers like the Titusville, Rockledge, Eau Gallie and Palm Bay, the county now uses a simulcast system for better coverage. The entire system has changed recently. Now, there is a North Simulcast, South Simulcast and soon a Beach Simulcast. Each system supports it's geographically located agencies.

K4SVT

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Yes that is right

Listen to SherwoodPolice is a great source for infomation on what is going on.

Sent from Tornado Alley in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

And FYI, the Rockledge tower is now part of the North Simulcast as of today. I will submit the request to have it removed.

wd4fpu

Premium Subscriber
Found out what happened..

Thank You... Yes I checked and came to that conclusion. I Don't think it will be as easy to listen with all what seems like a wider range of ID's/Talk Groups to filter out and with the new bcd996p2 it resets every time I turn the truck on...even though it is on a dedicated lead from the battery. We can be thankful it was not the horrid change encryption

Ecfsar18

Hmm isn't the power cord(3 lead) says u did it right the red for constant power and orange for illumination dimming ... Kinda like car stereo wiring....I remember some had yellow for constant and red for switched .,... Wonder why it keeps losing memory

ke4mmp

I have a question regarding the Brevard co TRS now that they have made all these changes. how do I apply them to reflect in my BCD896? Does anyone know if those changes were made in the database to download?

K4SVT

Banned
Dont you mean 996?

Sent From LG G Stylo on MetroPCS 4G LTE Network

K4SVT

Banned
Well nothing will effect your scanner as decoding the system. ..will still be analog EDACS for sometime until they change to Phase 1

Sent From LG G Stylo on MetroPCS 4G LTE Network

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
From a scanning perspective, all that's changed is that we now have three sets of trunked frequencies to work with instead of four. Soon to be just two, as I understand it.

There are more active sites now but that doesn't matter because they're identical if they're part of the same simulcast cell.

The Malabar and Barefoot Bay sites, to cite two examples, are identical. Right down to the site ID number. Your scanner can't tell the difference between them.

Status
Not open for further replies.