Brevard/Palm Bay PD radio changes?

KI4LIV

Premium Subscriber
I overheard this morning Palm Bay PD calling for units to come into the stations for radio maintenance/service. Anyone aware of any changes that might require some reprogramming in the immediate future?

PBGVOLFF

Premium Subscriber
Palm Bay FD is now being dispatched by their PD dispatch. They are no longer being dispatched by BCFR. It took effect 7/6/21.

TDR-94

Is their "FD Primary" channel still labeled as "Primary" or is it now labeled as Dispatch?

PBGVOLFF

Premium Subscriber
Not sure.

Talkgroup 1206, (09-066 is what they go responding to calls on and small incidents.
Talkgroup 1201, (09-061) is their station paging

1206 was originally labeled as Tac 6 (according to RR), and 1201 was labeled as primary, prior to changes being made to reflect the new changes. They are still using Tac 91 for the larger incidents.

batdude

Florida Db Admin / Florida Forum Moderator
New CC for Brevard County North trunked 8/16/21 851.750
I've made this change to the dB. Good catch!

Just FYI, with EDACS systems, any freq can be a CC. They generally rotate through every so often. I don't know why they even bother in the db.
Absolutely correct. However, the Brevard system has <historically> only used the channels listed on the dB page. There are some changes afoot in Brevard... are they happening right now? Don't know - but I suspect sooner or later you are going to see more small nuances like what Whistler saw above.

doug

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
I gotcha. What I meant about changing it in the database is that if you're monitoring an EDACS system, you already have all the freqs programmed anyways - it wouldn't matter if the cc changed.

fasmad

Quick question since you appear to be in same area of Palm Bay. I am fairly new to scanning. Bought and SDS 200 and am loving it so far but I have a question about upgrades. Are anu of DMR, NXDN, Provoice upgrades worth it for our area. I was thinking of doing Pro voice and NXDN for Ham Radio TG but want to make sure before I purchase that it will be worth it for our area

batdude

i will reply here and send you a message.

The DMR and NXDN upgrades are entirely dependent on what you want to monitor. Unless there is a particular need to buy those upgrades, I would not pay for them. I will message you privately about provoice.

doug

PBGVOLFF

Premium Subscriber
Palm Bay Fire is now back to being dispatched by Brevard County Fire Rescue. They are being dispatched on Paging 80 and also Paging 40. Paging 40 is being used as a backup paging talkgroup until the paging system gets installed at rest of the Palm Bay stations)

gwienand

Brevard County EDACS monitoring in Cape Canaveral

Quick question, my BC-780 XLT within the last few months can not capture the CC and track EDACS comms.
I have programmed the new Beach frequencies but no go. I have the BC-780 set up for EDACS wide and was working fine but a few months ago it stopped decoding the CC and will not ID SCAN. I also hear some intermod interferance.

Using ARC780 for programming the scanner.

My Uniden TrunkTracker II hand held is working fine and ID SCAN is tracking properly. Any help/advice is appreciated.

Thanks,, Gary AF4A

batdude

just my short take here, but the 780XLT has probably gone deaf due to old age..... do you have any indications of it hearing the control channel? (I forget if the 780 had an S-meter of sorts) - i'd try this. find the active control channel for the beach site on your trunk tracker 2 (right now - this instant - it is 852.1125 - and see if the 780 hears the control channel as just a plain jane conventional channel. if it does not, you either have an antenna issue or the poor old girl is ready for pasture.

gwienand

Thanks for the reply!
Right now (Wed Feb1 12:53PM) I am receiving A control channel on 851.0375 (1st channel in list) with occasional intermod of some sort sounds like distorted voice on and off. Also hearing CC on 851.1250 with distorted analog voice traffic now and then. S meter is full scale using 8 element 850 mhz, YAGI.

Thinking my original 780 was going bad I bought a used BC780 from Ebay. It is responding the same as my original BC780 which I have had since they were available. I easley program them with ARC 780 SW.

I just changed the EDACS type to narrow FM but same problem.

Is anyone else having BC780 problems. Me thinks other brands may not be affected by any changes the system admins may have made. All discussion and suggestions are certainly appreciated.... I hate to give up on my old standby....
Gary AF4A