Brick Twp Police Now Digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ88

Just a word of advice (no criticism intended)....you might want to look at the threads, at least the recent ones, before you post a question, as there's one titled Brick PD right here on this page that deals with your question. To answer your question, from what I've heard today, dispatch is 100% encrypted, but some of the cars were, at times, transmitting in the clear.

Last edited:

orange-krate

brick nj pd

o.k. brick nj is digital now and encrypted-this means i am dead in the water even if i get the latest uniden
digital scanner??
thanx
James

stvnd53

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
you are not"Dead in the water"...Remember:NOAA weather radio 24/7 is analog/clear..some transmitters are 1k.watts.not this Romper-Room stuff they use now.Enjoy..I know I will

DJ88

With regards to Brick and encryption, it's a good idea to always have SPEN 1 scanning. If anything big happens and a suspect is wanted, MOCIB messsges are broadcast on SPEN. Also keep Ocean County Law Enforcement Interoperability (506.6375 PL 192.8) running as I have heard the MOCIBs there, although not recently. One more to keep on is the Monmouth County Hot Line (39.4600 PL 151.4). Being that Brick borders Monmouth County to the north, their MOCIBs are sometimes broadcast there also. I actually heard the MOCIB for the bank robbery at the Bank of America on Herbertsville road (mentioned in the Breaking News Section here) on SPEN. So even though they encrypt, they can't always completely shut us out.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
"Also keep Ocean County Law Enforcement Interoperability (506.6375 PL 192.8) running as I have heard the MOCIBs there, although not recently."

More often than not I've been hearing surveillance.

Status
Not open for further replies.