Bricked my 800 today but brought if back to life!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AC2OY

I got a laptop today. After I loaded in EZscan I put my scanner configuration into this computer but something became corrupted. I was able to reformat the micro sd card and rewrite in the scanners configuration from the other PC. To my suprise and joy it wasnt as hard as I thought it would be. Now my 800 is back and running fine. Now I know that if I corrupt the card again what to do.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
The card just stores your programed data, the RR library and recordings.....Not technically "bricked" when it goes bad. Bricking involves the firmware which is in the CPU and DSP Chips.

It is a good reminder to use the ARCHIVE function in the software and as you make changes make another archive. Also you can keep a spare micro sd card on hand already programmed.

AC2OY

The card just stores your programed data, the RR library and recordings.....Not technically "bricked" when it goes bad. Bricking involves the firmware which is in the CPU and DSP Chips.

It is a good reminder to use the ARCHIVE function in the software and as you make changes make another archive. Also you can keep a spare micro sd card on hand already programmed.

Thanks Wacky I'm going to have to remember to do that. What I did discover is that when I picked up the scanner and tried to drill down some stuff manually,the scanner says I have no database on the card. Is there a way I can recover that without loosing my configuration that's programmed in or will I have to start from square one?

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Wacky I'm going to have to remember to do that. What I did discover is that when I picked up the scanner and tried to drill down some stuff manually,the scanner says I have no database on the card. Is there a way I can recover that without loosing my configuration that's programmed in or will I have to start from square one?

Not sure, but I would archive what you have in ezscan then select to copy FROM scanner/card into ezscan. then I would update the library and data then copy both TO the scanner/card.

See if the database is in there then make another archive ( all archives labeled by date and time so it is easy to sort them)

Status
Not open for further replies.