Bricked my Pro-107 Help!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fullpwr5675

Premium Subscriber
Just pick up a used pro-107 (I-scan) without the software.Someone told me the GRE PSR-700 software would be fine to use for everything including software/firmware updates.Well I tried to upgrade to v 1.7 and got an error message and now basicly the scanner is stuck in firmware update mode (only lights up and update firmware message appears and when you release the power button it shuts down)It will go back into the update mode but now shows no firmware in the gre software.Does anybody know where I might be able to get the RS software and try and bring this thing back to life?

thanks

Last edited:

BigJimbo

Premium Subscriber
I could never get the RS software to work properly on my Windows Vista PC. I tried everything to get it to work.

Downloaded the GRE software, updated everything and it's been running fine since Christmas. You might try to repeat the process and see if it corrects itself.

I'm sure others will jump on here and give you better information, just wanted you to know that I am running the GRE software without problem.

Good Luck.

fullpwr5675

Premium Subscriber
tried doing it over again multiple times,rebooted,updated the gre software and the same results.It tries to update the firmware,gets to a point and says "error turn off"

lbfd09

Premium Subscriber
You may want to give the boys at GRC in the SF Bay Area a quick call. Have you tried the full radio reset? (I forget the key combo when turning it on.)

KC4RAF

Davenport,Fl.- home to me and the gators and the s
fullpwr5675,

I have the software for the 107. If you can not locate some one locally, pm me and I will get a copy out to you. There's no charge, nor postage needed.
FWIW, the GRE software didn't work for me either; a member here on RR was kind enough to send me the required software.

lazierfan

Feed Provider
I could never get the RS software to work properly on my Windows Vista PC. I tried everything to get it to work.

Downloaded the GRE software, updated everything and it's been running fine since Christmas. You might try to repeat the process and see if it corrects itself.

I'm sure others will jump on here and give you better information, just wanted you to know that I am running the GRE software without problem.

Good Luck.
Two suggestions:
Try a 32-bit emulator that will allow older applications to work with your 64-bit OS.
You can configure your PC to dual-boot. Have an install disk handy of Windows XP or similar 32-bit Windows.
Instruction available on-line or from your favorite PC geek.

ricknorton

FWIW, I could not install the software on my Win 7-64 either. I installed it on an old XP machine and it worked fine. The first software update fixed the problem. I copied the file to my Win 7-64 computer and it installed. So, I would try a later version than the one that came on the CD and then you can use the RS software. I would then try the firmware update again. Good luck!

Rick

z96cobra

Have you guys tried running the software in "compatability mode"? Right click on the program and select it in the menu that pops up. Then select WinXP & re-launch the program.

hey rick did your's brick? and did you fix it? if so give me a call please! I've tried Radio Shack PRO-18 iSCAN on my Win7 64bit with XP compatibly mode. the software loaded and it sees the scanner and starts to update it then i get an error. Do i need to try a different iSCAN?

PS.... this scanner is about to meet the brick wall!

Last edited:

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
Am running the Iscan software on three different computers.

On the Windows 7 Professional 64 bit system, I loaded and run the software using "Run as Administrator" and have had no problems

My other 2 systems are Windows 7 Home Premium where I also loaded and run the software using "Run as Administrator" and have had no problems

Problem was fix with the right software! There are two different versions of iSCAN. One for the pro-18 and the other is for the pro-107.

The iSCAN-107 was the only way to fix this and is the only way to update the scanners firmware.

I'll try finding away to put this software online so this will never happen to anyone again.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
Radio Shack: You've got questions. We have dumbassed looks and cellphones.

What did you call me?

That statement dose not represent the many Radio Shack employees, and I am PROUD to be one, that serve the users of this list with helpful information.

Status
Not open for further replies.